Chris Webber takes shot at Gophers for taking him to Gopher football game on recruiting visit; and how it led to him going to Michigan (video)

Thanks for reminiscing, Chris. Back to my memory bank as less memorable than Bobby Jackson, Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovich, and Mike Bibby you go.

He didn't say he was going to be a Gopher until going to a FB game here. He was locked in on MSU. What transpired with MSU just happened to have its genesis at the Dome. The dig at Minnesota was a digression. CWebb was never coming here. I have no idea what MSU offered, but the benefits recieved at Mich. are well documented. All we had to offer was help writing papers on menstrual cycles.

I imagine in CWebb's H.S. days, there was probably still some residual feeling that the Dome was some kind of asset. Something tells me the dig was made with the benefit of hindsight.

This probably belongs on the BB page, but it's hard to imagine for anyone under 40 a time when our basketball program could get top recruits on campus. Tubby had the Royce White class (that was highly ranked and anchored by Minnesota kids). But Clem could recruit nationally. I doubt he was advertising special academic help to recruits. He was getting national talent on campus at a time when the likes of Michigan really were handing bags of cash under the table.

The fab five acts like they won 4 titles to this day.

When they ripped on Grant Hill for being brought up right and having a loving family, I was like, you're all morons.

I loved Grant Hills message he wrote. His final line was the best ever. In closing, I played them 3 times, and am happy to say I was 3-0 against them.

Oh, and I hate Duke!

Is this news? It's not like he did anything at the college level to demand the crap coming out of his mouth 30 years later.

Top Bottom