Chris Hawkins Decommits?

JackiO

Reaction score
Per Rivals. Actually, doesn't specifically say he has decommitted but he has now set up an official with TCU and is looking elsewhere. My bad I suppose....but I think the deed is done. This along with James Green really, really hurts.

Brewster's Class is falling apart. Huff, Green, Hawkins, ......F***

Yeah but doesn't make it hurt any less. Hawkins was by far my favorite of the class, ahead of Green and Huff. This one really hurts

We are now about to lose 3 Texans in this recruiting class so far, for a variety of reasons. Our poor performance this year no doubt hinders his recruiting ability, which some of you refuse to use as a means for his poor performance. Whatever.

Does Brewster need to re-evaluate his strategy of burrowing deep into Texas to pluck some of these recruits? It is only going to get harder, and harder, and harder with yet another strong d1 program in TCU entering the picture. If I were from Texas, there is no way I would want to go all the way up north to play ball when I can play for a top notch team in my backyard.

Thoughts?

He hasn't even decommitted yet. Don't get your panties in a bunch until it actually happens. Who knows, maybe the visit to TCU doesn't go so well?

Why make this post? He has not decommitted. If you want attention, call your mom.

TCU went 12-0 yet averaged only 38,000 fans per home game at 86% capacity, although these "official" numbers are likely generous.

Per Rivals. Actually, doesn't specifically say he has decommitted but he has now set up an official with TCU and is looking elsewhere. My bad I suppose....but I think the deed is done. This along with James Green really, really hurts.

Brewster's Class is falling apart. Huff, Green, Hawkins, ......F***

It doesn't really surprise me, a lot of coaches see a increase in recruiting their first year or two because they can sell change and a new vision. At this point, recruits want to see results on the field from Brewster and they have just not come. In regards to Brewster recruiting Texas, his is facing an uphill battle. He is trying to go into Big 12 country where several programs have added new coaches that have really strong relationships in Texas and these programs can also sell the idea that their families will get to see them play in the state of Texas several times a year.

Nice try trying to decipher the first paragraph of the Rivals article.

If you can't read through the lines and see that he is gone, than truly, you are grasping for straws.

It doesn't really surprise me, most coaches seem a increase in recruiting their first year or two because they can sell change and a new vision. At this point, recruits want to see results on the field from Brewster and they have just not come. Add in the fact that he is trying to go into Big 12 country where several programs have added new coaches that have really strong relationships in Texas and these programs can also sell the idea that their families will get to see them play in the state of Texas several times a year.

Agreed. College football is, in the end, a results driven game when vying for the services of elite recruits. Brewster was an offense away from it this year. Now, with the impending loss of our 3rd high profile offensive recruit we are in trouble going into next year.

It doesn't really surprise me, most coaches seem a increase in recruiting their first year or two because they can sell change and a new vision. At this point, recruits want to see results on the field from Brewster and they have just not come. Add in the fact that he is trying to go into Big 12 country where several programs have added new coaches that have really strong relationships in Texas and these programs can also sell the idea that their families will get to see them play in the state of Texas several times a year.

I don't think that has anything to do with it in this case, except for maybe Hawkins.

If you can't read through the lines and see that he is gone, than truly, you are grasping for straws.

If you can't actually read the article you are referencing, you are truly making assumptions and stating them as fact without basis. Go ahead and spin your original post though. He's likely gone as he has been looking around for months, but the article does not say that. We lost 2 other recruits which is even more disturbing, although it looks like interest was weakening on the Gopher's side.

Veazie the CB and Allen the OL are the decomitts

Veazie the CB officially decomitted today and Josh Allen the OL said he is likely to decomitt today because they are talking to him about Grayshirting for next year and he doesn't want to do that.
Hawkins is visiting TCU this weekend so he is at best a soft verbal likely to switch.

What does this mean "lost two recruits" in addition to Hawkins looking at TCU. Are they referring (in part) to Adrian Lee committing to Cal?

Veazie the CB officially decomitted today and Josh Allen the OL said he is likely to decomitt today because they are talking to him about Grayshirting for next year and he doesn't want to do that.
Hawkins is visiting TCU this weekend so he is at best a soft verbal likely to switch.

If they are talking to anybody about grayshirting, I believe that is good news. Figure it out.

The equation doesn't necessarily = SH, but it's a nice thought. But it does = someone good enough to risk losing whoever they ask to GS.

Well our rivals rankings is going to take a dramatic drop now, isn't it.

Won't know until we see if those guys are replaced by better athletes or not, so back off the ledge please.

Neither of those guys had an offer from anyone else. Not exactly big losses.

Gray didn't grayshirt did he? I thought he just didn't go anywhere. I have no idea about Searcy, it doesn't seem like anyone does, but I don't think he's going to be here next year.

Top Bottom