Chip's reverse

all he needs is a jumpshot. someone needs to teach this kid about rotation, but you never know, maybe he can make the knuckleball work. Acie law dominated college and none of his shots ever had rotation on them.

If I remember right, Reggie Miller shot a pretty motionless ball. He seemed to do all right with it.

On the radio, Grimm said, "If anyone at ESPN is paying attention, it will be on Sports Center." I guess they were paying attention. The kid has a future. Maybe Tubby can evaluate talent, afterall, eh?

My dream is that he would develop point guard skills for when Al leaves. That finishing abilty with being able to take care of the ball would be huge for this team in the future.

Yeah, or at least be a good enough ball handler that he will really help Andre Hollins out. An. Hollins is making the transition to being our PG of the future and having a SG with him that has some PG skills could make that transition a lot easier.

I know I said it in another thread, but our future on the wings is exciting.

I think Tubby really needs to concentrate on landing a decent PG in the next class...seems like MN has lots of combo guards but is lacking a true point when Nolen leaves.

marcus paige. in fact, someone should message him on twitter on why he should choose the gophs, :) couldn't hurt to give him an alternative to lawrence? it would be amazing to have a top 5 PG on the gophs, looking your way cory joeseph

haha yea right. only if you happen to be a coach who posts on gopherhole. dont see how a fan talking to him could be a violation. hell calipari can pay recruits 200k and not even be questioned. :)

marcus paige. in fact, someone should message him on twitter on why he should choose the gophs, :) couldn't hurt to give him an alternative to lawrence? it would be amazing to have a top 5 PG on the gophs, looking your way cory joeseph

When I followed Tharpe to see his updates on recruiting, multiple people tweeted him from each school and he would usually RT them.

Not sure if it did anything, but fans were definitely trying to convince him to choose their school over others.

haha yea right. only if you happen to be a coach who posts on gopherhole. dont see how a fan talking to him could be a violation. hell calipari can pay recruits 200k and not even be questioned. :)

The rules apply to coaches and boosters. Boosters can include people who go to lots of games and can include people who post on message boards--fans. You don't have to give a lot of money to be a booster.

Personally addressing a recruit on a board is a potential violation.

If you have evidence of cal paying a recruit 200k, I hope you'll contact the NCAA. If not, you're being a blowhard. (to say nothing of potentially committing libel, altho the odds of Cal picking you'rparticular libel to prosecute are really remote of course. )

I can't believe there are still sleepers like this...

I'm excited about his future. He seems to have a pretty good first step, has a soft touch outside, and dribbles with confidence for a freshman, albeit with some mistakes. Regardless of whether or not he was going to play football to think he was passed up in his own backyard by scouts who saw him excel in high school is truly amazing to me in this day and age. Nice job Tubby!

The rules apply to coaches and boosters. Boosters can include people who go to lots of games and can include people who post on message boards--fans. You don't have to give a lot of money to be a booster.

Personally addressing a recruit on a board is a potential violation.

If you have evidence of cal paying a recruit 200k, I hope you'll contact the NCAA. If not, you're being a blowhard. (to say nothing of potentially committing libel, altho the odds of Cal picking you'rparticular libel to prosecute are really remote of course. )

I have said it before and it bears repeating. About three yeas ago, I received a letter and piece of literature from our beloved athletic department telling me that I was a "booster" by virture of holding season tickets and very modest annual contributions to the program and the university and that my contact with any potential recruit could be construed as a violation of NCAA rules. It made me nercous as I have contacts and friends who have children that are border line D-1 athletes, and it made it sound like having dinner with them could be a violation. There was an exception to the rule that if you knew them in a capacity other than sports, you could maintain the relationship. In the bizarre world of big time college sports where getting around the rules is a pass time for many, it has created a Byzantine set of standards that considers me, a fan with no influence or money, a "booster." Something needs to be fixed.

I won't be tweeting any potential recruits.:rolleyes:

lol i see your point. well back to chip then. Um, does this kid seem for real to yall? I feel like hes a sophmore or junior when hes on the court. If he progresses at a steady rate each of his 4 years, does this kid have a shot at PG or SG in the NBA?

lol i see your point. well back to chip then. Um, does this kid seem for real to yall? I feel like hes a sophmore or junior when hes on the court. If he progresses at a steady rate each of his 4 years, does this kid have a shot at PG or SG in the NBA?

Chip appears fearless as a freshman. He is strong, quick and can finish. I think he is for real. Whether he is a future All BT performer or not remains to be seen. That's not my definition of for real. If he can develop a consistent three pointer, he will be difficult to guard, and he certainly has the athletic ability to play sound defense, a must for Tubby. I think he has a bright future.

Top Bottom