Chip

I agree with just about everyone here except for the Justin Bieber comparison - was he part of the WEE FIVE?

Chip reminds me of Westbrook - football player genes.
Grier - a lil take charge attitude.
Not so sure about Charles Thomas and Nate Tubbs - but my memory may be failing.

I think Chip could wind up playing some point guard along the way. But I thought that about Westbrook too. But then I thought that about Bobby Jackson too and he didn't do too badly at the point in 'da league'. Next year maybe Chip could fill in a lil behind Devoe and Andre Hollins and maybe Mav at the point.

GophersNow PiPress Gophers Now
Gotta love this kid Armelin. He's got guts and isn't afraid to take it to the rack on anyone. Is he a young Westbrook or what.

It's hard to not hate Bieber with that hair. I don't care how old he is.

I think the comparison to Vince Grier is interesting. Bill Simmons wrote in his book The Book of Basketball about how the AAU circuit and around the year "coaching" has turned players in to robots who all play the game the same way. Any uniqueness to a players game is coached out of them and nobody is very innovative. Armelin, like Greer, is a guy who plays the game a little different and, therefore, can be much tougher to defend than a guy with similar basketball abilities who plays a more conventional style. Chip isn't as big as Grier, but he's got a uniqueness to his game that reminds of Vince.

Top Bottom