Chip: P.J. Fleck should be thankful every single day that he coaches in the Big Ten West while he still has that life preserver.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Chip:

When he counts his blessings, P.J. Fleck should be thankful every single day that he coaches in the Big Ten West while he still has that life preserver.

The East is a prime cut of steak with three teams — Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State — ranked in the top six nationally and contenders for the College Football Playoff.

The West is beef stroganoff. Just a bunch of bland-to-bad teams.

The best team from the weakly West would finish fourth — at best — in the East, and Maryland might be better than the bunch too.

Go Gophers!!

This all changes next year. Adding Oregon, USC, Washington and UCLA might be a great addition for the money, but every one of the Big Ten West teams got hurt bigtime from this. In fact, from a football standpoint, it would be tough to argue that the Gophers didn't get hurt more than anyone else from the additions.

I wonder if Fleck is going to read the writing on the wall at the end of the season. This would be a great time for him to move on to say Virginia or Virginia Tech if they would have him.

Minnesota as a university is both a little slow to the NIL game and at a disadvantage. Will Minnesota figure that out? I don't know. Probably not like the big boys but, hey, it's the Big Ten and cash is flowing.

It's still early in the NIL game to know if Minnesota is a loser in that.

Next year is the equivalent of moving the AL to a single division format for the Twins.

This all changes next year. Adding Oregon, USC, Washington and UCLA might be a great addition for the money, but every one of the Big Ten West teams got hurt bigtime from this. In fact, from a football standpoint, it would be tough to argue that the Gophers didn't get hurt more than anyone else from the additions.

I wonder if Fleck is going to read the writing on the wall at the end of the season. This would be a great time for him to move on to say Virginia or Virginia Tech if they would have him.
I would say it hurts Iowa/Northwestern more. They have actually won the B1G West and gone to B1G championship games. They likely won't anymore. Minnesota goes from theoretically having a chance, but never doing it to not theoretically having a chance and not doing it.

Vols. Twin cities media is full of non gopher fans. How did we get here?

I would say it hurts Iowa/Northwestern more. They have actually won the B1G West and gone to B1G championship games. They likely won't anymore. Minnesota goes from theoretically having a chance, but never doing it to not theoretically having a chance and not doing it.
It hurts all the middling teams the most. Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Illinois. Probably Michigan State and even Wisconsin. (I can't imagine Wisconsin has a ton of NIL prospects).

After the west goes away Minnesota will get to play Indiana and Rutgers more.

Next year is the equivalent of moving the AL to a single division format for the Twins.
Except MN played well against top teams and underperformed against their own division. Terrible take and analogy 😂

Top Bottom