Chip: No more service academy offense. No more run, run, run, run, run. The Gophers have a young QB with a cannon arm and a reservoir of confidence.

Yes. Yes i do. We threw away possessions and scored 10 points.

Fleck was terrified of his own team. They lost because he was so afraid of making a mistake or two that a mistake or two was too much to overcome.

True to a point but I think Fleck is afraid of Iowa (afraid of making any mistakes) and, yes, also lacked trust in most of the skill players on his offense. The psychology is different with Wisconsin because we've beaten them 3 of the last 5 meetings and one of those two losses resulted from a missed field goal in overtime.

If Mo had run for 200 yards yesterday, you would have seen far fewer pass attempts by the Gophers. And that would have been the smart, logical thing to do.

Wisconsin and Iowa both have good defenses. But Iowa makes an art out of creating turnovers in the passing game. The Gophers had a logical game plan last week (for Iowa), and a logical game plan yesterday.

Different opponents, different conditions, and different levels of success with our run game dictated a different approach.
First, I don't think Mo would have needed to run for 200, but sure, if had gotten something like 120-130, Kaliakmanis would still have had 220-240 and a couple TD tosses. I'll take that every time. Again, it's clear to most watching that they planned to pass more.

First, I don't think Mo would have needed to run for 200, but sure, if had gotten something like 120-130, Kaliakmanis would still have had 220-240 and a couple TD tosses. I'll take that every time. Again, it's clear to most watching that they planned to pass more.

Again, oh.

Chipper has that high voice southern guy thing. Whoop a man’s ass!

Don't have a subscription so maybe the whole story is better but disappointed in the last few bits from Chip that have been posted here. Chip always came across as pretty fair and even handed but last couple have felt far more Twin Cities Media like than what he usually puts out there.
When he’s critical he’s a no talent hack according to many around here

One small hidden benefit to last week's debacle was it shut Murray's insufferable ass down for a few days.

Great performance by the QB but I still believe as long as Fleck is here this will always be a run first offense.
That's fine if we are a run first offense. That's an identity, and a solid one, especially in a grinder conference such as this. I don't think that anyone has a problem with us being run first. I think the problem lies in the perception of us as being run first, run second, run third, and on and on into infinity, such that we are so one-dimensional that it just becomes ridiculous.

Uh huh. Thanks, perfesser.

You really are pointlessly argumentative far too often. If the evidence clearly indicates that you are right, then I can see arguing vigorously against untruths. In this case, there is no definitively right or wrong answer but the evidence from the opening minutes of the Wisconsin game is more supportive of the other poster's position than yours.

That's fine if we are a run first offense. That's an identity, and a solid one, especially in a grinder conference such as this. I don't think that anyone has a problem with us being run first. I think the problem lies in the perception of us as being run first, run second, run third, and on and on into infinity, such that we are so one-dimensional that it just becomes ridiculous.

Yes, that's the argument. As someone wrote here a couple of days ago, the passing game works better if you're not limited to a couple of passes per quarter on 3rd down and 8 or more yards to go.

You really are pointlessly argumentative far too often. If the evidence clearly indicates that you are right, then I can see arguing vigorously against untruths. In this case, there is no definitively right or wrong answer but the evidence from the opening minutes of the Wisconsin game is more supportive of the other poster's position than yours.

Well, since replying with one word, "Oh", has left me standing accused of being pointlessly argumentative, then I will try this response:

I see.

Well, since replying with one word, "Oh", has left me standing accused of being pointlessly argumentative, then I will try this response:

I see.

Apparently old age has stolen all graciousness from you. But, maybe you never had much in the first place.

Apparently old age has stolen all graciousness from you. But, maybe you never had much in the first place.

May I ask you a simple question: which one of my posts on this thread did you find to be the most objectionable?

Last edited:

Top Bottom