Chip: Morgan tries to cap difficult senior season with second swing of the Axe; he is eligible to return next season but he has yet to announce plans

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Morgan is eligible to return next season because of the NCAA's COVID waiver, but he has yet to announce his plans. Even if he participates in Senior Day festivities Saturday, that doesn't guarantee he won't exercise his option to play one more season.

That's another conversation for the days ahead.

The finish to this season is what matters now and how Morgan plays against a hard-nosed defense will likely determine the outcome and define how outsiders view the Gophers campaign in totality.

Go Gophers!!

We certainly need the Good Version of Tanner, RBs, and WRs to be on the field tomorrow. I don't see the Defense letting Wisconsin run away with scoring but the Badgers will score some points.

Frankly can see us winning but won't be down too much no matter how we lose if that transpires.

It's just that kind of year. Fortunately nothing like Jon Johnston is going through at Corn Nation.

As for Tanner coming back, his call to make of course and then on the coaches to put the best QB on the field. It is a little perplexing to me that none of the younger QBs have gotten any respectable time. I'm not counting Kramer here because he is not coming in as QB...rather he's a special circumstances player. Similar to Frost's "loyalty" to Martinez seems to me, but I'm not in the practices so who knows.

I do know for me that I thought Tanner was just as much a factor in the 2019 passing game success as Johnson and Bateman and CrAB...and that he could raise his game this year to compensate for the kids on the field. In hindsight not realistic at all, and I see Tyler's first ball drops as an annoyance at the time that should not have bothered as much as it did.

Anywho, the Billds will be there tomorrow with hopes about retrieving The Axe...

Last edited:

Top Bottom