Chip Kelly headed to the Eagles

Wow, that was somewhat unexpected after it seemed he turned it all down earlier this month to stay at Oregon. Certainly it will be interesting to see what direction they go after this. I know they were hard after Jeff Jones, will be interesting also to see if it affects his interest.

I wonder if he sees sanctions coming. Now is a chance for Stanford to take over that conference.

Probably upset with the limited uniform budget.

Chris Pedersen next Oregon coach. Was WR coach there 95-00. This is what he was waiting for.

I doubt he'll be durable enough to stay healthy, but it will be exciting to see Vick run a lot of those read options. It's funny how that stuff always starts in college before it eventually works in the NFL.

*It would have been really fun to watch a younger Vick run that offense.

Chris Pedersen next Oregon coach. Was WR coach there 95-00. This is what he was waiting for.

I thought it was common knowledge that Mark Helfrich (current Oregon OC) was going to get the job if and when Kelly left.

They announced a couple of weeks ago that the OC would be the next head coach if Kelly took an NFL job. I don't know if that has changed in the past two weeks, but that is what was announced by Oregon.

On a side note, I'm guessing Philly called Kelly back and put major $$$$ up for him!

Missed that one. I thought that was what he was staying Boise St for. Oops.

I think he'll be the next coach at USC once Kiffen gets put to pasture.

Correct. He is currently #1 replacement candidate according to an interview I heard with Rod Gilmore yesterday. Kiffen will be gone after next season - all things are pointing toward that being a distinct possibility.

Top Bottom