Chip Armelin will visit tomorrow

Chris Monter

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Chip Armelin, who told me that he is visiting Minnesota Thursday. He said that he would likely commit if he is offered by the Gophers.

He is also looking at JC powers Midland and South Plains, both located in Texas.

I'll be posting more on this situation later.

Chris Monter

This doesn't bode well for Oto's situation. I'm guessing if they end up offering its because they don't think Oto's getting in. Wouldn't like our class being filled up late with Chip and Maverick...

This doesn't bode well for Oto's situation. I'm guessing if they end up offering its because they don't think Oto's getting in. Wouldn't like our class being filled up late with Chip and Maverick...

Armelin is 3-time All-State in Louisiana. He's a good player.

Armelin would get the 13th scholarship. Oto can still get his scholarship.

How did he slip under the radar? His football abilities isn't a legitimate excuse. He's stated that he's wanted to play bball all along.

How did he slip under the radar? His football abilities isn't a legitimate excuse. He's stated that he's wanted to play bball all along.

He was recruited by LSU and others before he opted for football as HS senior. He's a pretty WR too.

Clipped From Slam (on-line) Magazine

“Teen Wolf” is the nickname Tone came up with for Chip Armelin, a high school senior at Sulphur HS in Louisiana. Chip came to New Orleans to battle legendary St. Augustine (alma mater of Kerry Kittles and the aforementioned “Lil’ General,” among others) in the state playoffs. Rocking an ’80s high-top fade (not to the Brandon Jennings extreme), high-top Dunks and ’90s baggy shorts (longer than short shorts, the kind your mom semi-approved of), Teen Wolf put on a ridiculous show. The 6-3 cousin of ex-Texas Tech star Martin Zeno hit numerous deep treys, hit off his Hoosiers-like teammates with no-look dimes and threw down monstrous bangs on the break. Kinda like the ’80s Michael J. Fox flick, right?

Teen Wolf dropped 30-plus on defensive-minded St. Aug (at least 20 in the first half), but ran out of gas late and his supporting cast (including a 6-8 guy who only shot jumpers…hmm?) couldn’t bail him out. Teen Wolf feels CP3’s pain. Yes, indeed.

Clipped From Recent Article

Chip Armelin, a very productive guard from Louisiana ... was skipped over by hoops programs because it was thought that he would pursue football.

I highlighted it to enhance your reading skills.

Chip Armelin, a very productive guard from Louisiana ... was skipped over by hoops programs because it was thought that he would pursue football.

I highlighted it to enhance your reading skills.

Look at you google monster! Thanks, I take back my previous opinion...

He may be an under the radar player that has a bright future but if Otto does not qualify you have a glaring need at forward and you are filling up your recruiting class with guards . Right now the only player that fills the SF position is Williams, and Hoffarber in the three guard setup. That is my concern.

Ok, when I Googled this guy, I was shocked I didn't see a picture of Michael J. Fox. With a name like Chip, he was just meant to star in a 1980's movie himself.

Look at you google monster! Thanks, I take back my previous opinion...

Armelin had never played HS footbal before. He had a promising year as WR (recruited by Big 12 football schools) but appears to prefer basketball.

The kind of HS background that oftens winds up in JuCo where he may develop further.

So what's the deal on Chip Armelin? Did he visit? Did he get offered? Did he accept? None of the above?

Top Bottom