Chip Armelin is a poor man's...

Oto

Can't see why apparently a few folks are so down on Oto. Yes, sometimes he plays a little nervous, not always smooth out there (like EE), but he contributes & I certainly see skills leading me to believe he'll be a significant contributor in future seasons. He's a freshman. Unless you're a Sullinger or one of the many stud freshmen UK has every season, that's the way freshmen usually look. Some good moments, some close-your-eyes moments.

Grier is probably the best comparison, only he was afforded the minutes to develop. I also think Grier had a better handle and was better at beating his man off the dribble than Chip is at this point...But Chip might get to that level with more PT.

Grier also came here as a junior. I'll be interested in seeing Chip next year and the steps he takes when he becomes a junior.

Can't see why apparently a few folks are so down on Oto. Yes, sometimes he plays a little nervous, not always smooth out there (like EE), but he contributes & I certainly see skills leading me to believe he'll be a significant contributor in future seasons. He's a freshman. Unless you're a Sullinger or one of the many stud freshmen UK has every season, that's the way freshmen usually look. Some good moments, some close-your-eyes moments.

Agreed. He's played better in transition & under the basket than I imagined he would. He's a legit 6'8" & can shoot the 3 ball. He's already contributing as a Freshman, no reason to think he won't develop into a nice player.

he's a taller version of Rico...but that said, he deserves more minutes on this team as we need a guy that is always in attack-mode and willing to take shots...

I agree with this as well. I believe Oto is going to be a very good player for us by the time he is a junior. He's a little over-matched right now at the 4-spot, I think he would be better at the 3.

You be the judge of Armelins pass at NE

To me it looked like exactly the right move/pass to make. Plus, this type of play gets everyone on the team (not to mention fans) going.

http://btn.com/tag/chip-armelin/

I agree with this as well. I believe Oto is going to be a very good player for us by the time he is a junior. He's a little over-matched right now at the 4-spot, I think he would be better at the 3.
I think Tubby forsees a lineup with Buggs at the 3 and Oto at the 4. Lot of length and a lot of shooting.

He's got a knack for getting shots in the paint and making them that surprises me. His outside shooting has been a bit off but when he starts to adjust and gets comfortable I would think that will come back. He's going to score some points before he is done.

Oto will either be a starter or major contributer moving forward & Mav will be a major contributor after Welch leaves, backing up Hollins.(

Wrong! We'll have Tyus then who will lead us to the Final Four for 4 years straight!

Wrong! We'll have Tyus then who will lead us to the Final Four for 4 years straight!

Tyus will be a Freshman when Mav is a Senior. It would be nice to a have steady, if unspectacular back-up like Mav because not even the almighty Tyus Jones can play every minute of the game.

I know Oto spoke about having to adjust to the speed of the big ten game. He is going to be a solid contributor once he adjusts and earns more time. Plus he seems like a good team guy.

[SUP][/SUP]

So Armelin has been compared to everyone including Michael Redd, Vincent Grier, Kevin Nathaniel, Kevin Clark, Rico Tucker, Townsend Orr, Charles Thomas, and Ron Artest?

Just throw Shaq in there for a comparison and we've got all our bases covered.

+1

Top Bottom