Checking In on the Badgers Transfers

Unfortunately the Badgers are going to be pretty good next season.

Don't know anything about these guys, so looked them up. Storr has 4(!) high schools listed. He then attended St. Johns for one year and is already bolting. That is 5 different places in 5 years. Something tells me the odds of him lasting 3 years in Madison is low.

Capture.JPG

Don't know anything about these guys, so looked them up. Storr has 4(!) high schools listed. He then attended St. Johns for one year and is already bolting. That is 5 different places in 5 years. Something tells me the odds of him lasting 3 years in Madison is low.

View attachment 25093
Especially the 3 factories. A bit a of a red flag. I think left St Johns because Pitino ran him out of town. However, no idea why. Could be a million different reasons; I hope its whiny bad attitude and poor work ethic, locker room cancer, that is really good at dating his teamates girlfriends…. And idolizes Brad Davidson. Kicks puppies. Stabs orphans. Laughs only at dad jokes.

Only one player is returning to St. John’s. Also worth noting that his hometown of Rockford is about an hour from Madison - equivalent to a local transfer-back

22-23 was our one chance to finish ahead of them in the conference standings.
Lol best line ever. You don’t finish above anyone winning 2 games. Ben hasn’t finished ahead of any team in two years. All kidding aside, yes last year was a down year for them

They gave scholarships to Alex Illikainen, Riley Dearring, and Joe Hedstrom, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them.

There's a difference between giving scholarships to freshman hoping they can develop into something, instead of giving a scholarship to a senior who has already developed into nothing.

There's a difference between giving scholarships to freshman hoping they can develop into something, instead of giving a scholarship to a senior who has already developed into nothing.
Sometimes the right coach can unlock the potential lurking within... :)

This is an interesting comment, because there are pros and cons to both. A recruiting miss affects the roster for multiple years (theoretically - these days, they transfer out relatively quickly - see Thompson, Treyton). However, your main point about known vs. unknown potential as a dig toward the Wilson pickup is warranted.

So are complaints about Wilson going to spill over into every other thread as well? :)

WI was unwatchable for most of the year and I doubt that two transfers are going to change things that much.
I have read that most of the starters are coming back but with the exception of a freshman and a transfer why would anyone expect that the other veterans will be any better than they were last year?
I have no problem with the concept that every possession counts and playing good defense is important but watching scoring droughts that last minutes upon minutes kept me from watching them and most of the BIG all season.
I think the whole league needs new coaches.

WI was unwatchable for most of the year and I doubt that two transfers are going to change things that much.
I have read that most of the starters are coming back but with the exception of a freshman and a transfer why would anyone expect that the other veterans will be any better than they were last year?
I have no problem with the concept that every possession counts and playing good defense is important but watching scoring droughts that last minutes upon minutes kept me from watching them and most of the BIG all season.
I think the whole league needs new coaches.
That is a really good point. I would imagine many people feel they will be better because they lost so many close games and it looked like they were a player or two away from increasing their win total by quite a bit. Now they have added the transfer and the freshman going in. So will it be enough?

That is a really good point. I would imagine many people feel they will be better because they lost so many close games and it looked like they were a player or two away from increasing their win total by quite a bit. Now they have added the transfer and the freshman going in. So will it be enough?
Wahl Returns - Wisconsin Has All 5 Starters Back
I think Wisconsin will either return to their typical top 4 finish or at the least flirt with it.
They have all 5 starters back, they were rolling until Wahl got hurt and he and the team just never did get back on track the rest of the way. Their style is to play close games and now they are more experienced.
5 starters, 2 transfers who will compete to start and 3 incoming freshman....pretty hard for me to see them any where but back up towards the top of the conference standings.

Top Bottom