Started 18/18 games
11.5 ppg
37% from FG
37% from 3
2.8 rebounds/game
1.8 assists/game

Go Gophers!!

Does anybody remember Hasahn French?

He was a PF we were recruiting and had a lot of traction with him in 2017 (supposedly) for the last scholly. Out of nowhere, Jamir Harris committed, and we were all left scrambling trying to figure out who the heck JH was, as he was not on anyone's radar. I remember French Tweeting some displeasure.

He sure would be a nice asset down low to compliment Oturu. His stats:

Started 18/18 games for St. Louis
12.7 ppg
50% from FG
0% from 3
10.7 rebounds/game
2.5 assists/game

Last edited:

He was a PF we were recruiting and had a lot of traction with him in 2017 (supposedly) for the last scholly. Out of nowhere, Jamir Harris committed, and we were all left scrambling trying to figure out who the heck JH was, as he was not on anyone's radar. I remember French Tweeting some displeasure.

Started 18/18 games
12.7 ppg
50% from FG
0% from 3
10.7 rebounds/game
2.5 assists/game

for reference. At St. Louis.
However you’d think he help out the rebounding issues quite a bit. Dudes pretty big.

They've only played 13 games this season so far.
I have checked in on him a few times and I couldn't believe how few games they have played! He did miss a game due to illness as well. Looks like he has bounced in and out of the starting lineup.

I'm actually really surprised at how few assists he has averaged: 2.9 per game. After he had a few of those 10+ assist games against teams like North Florida, Omaha, and North Carolina A&T I thought he would just dominate Iona's competition. He's had three 5 assist games so far and that's it.

for reference. At St. Louis.
However you’d think he help out the rebounding issues quite a bit. Dudes pretty big.

Thank you. Edited my comment to mention that. I saw him playing against Dayton and he logged 16 points and 17 rebounds.

I have checked in on him a few times and I couldn't believe how few games they have played! He did miss a game due to illness as well. Looks like he has bounced in and out of the starting lineup.

I'm actually really surprised at how few assists he has averaged: 2.9 per game. After he had a few of those 10+ assist games against teams like North Florida, Omaha, and North Carolina A&T I thought he would just dominate Iona's competition. He's had three 5 assist games so far and that's it.

His A/TO ratio is not very good. I am really thankful to IW for sticking it out for the entire season last year long after it was clear he was not going to be the starting PG in 2019. More players these days just seem to quite mid year, which is terrible IMO.

His A/TO ratio is not very good. I am really thankful to IW for sticking it out for the entire season last year long after it was clear he was not going to be the starting PG in 2019. More players these days just seem to quite mid year, which is terrible IMO.
Agreed, he could have made a mess of things and he did the opposite, I thought he handled the situation really well - unlike what happened with Destiny.

Was just on the gopherbb Instagram watching the dagger from last night, and saw that IW commented on the shot. A reminder to myself of how close these guys must become throughout the year. IW and Carr never saw court time together but probably battled every single day for a year in practice.

I didn’t like the moping of IW, but he certainly could have handled things far worse. He will always be a Gopher and I wish him very well.

Freshman Battle from DE for GW looks like he could play som here...Pitino ignored him

Watched a fair amount of a recent game on ESPN3 with IONA playing Canisius. IW looked right at home playing against that level of competition. You would never know that he was once a member of a Power 5 team. IONA played zone, which was perfect for IW. I wished he could have made a successful run at Minnesota but he's where he should be.

are you that dense?
It’s a jelly and Harris thread. Why are you bringing up Jamison Battle (Who I wanted honestly at the end of last year). I just brought up how others were “ignored” by their respective home states since it also has nothing to do with Jelly and Harris

It’s a jelly and Harris thread. Why are you bringing up Jamison Battle (Who I wanted honestly at the end of last year). I just brought up how others were “ignored” by their respective home states since it also has nothing to do with Jelly and Harris
Ignore that clown. Hindsight bias will always be 20/20... some people love to point out recruits that coaches missed on but in actuality it is much harder to judge a prospect when they are coming out of HS.

Ignore that clown. Hindsight bias will always be 20/20... some people love to point out recruits that coaches missed on but in actuality it is much harder to judge a prospect when they are coming out of HS.
Agree, very difficult and every single coach misses on guys for too many variables to count.

Considering he's a basketball "czar" and genius in his own beliefs I like to point out his errors. He's a WI guy doesn't even like the Gophers.

Started 18/18 games for St. Louis
12.7 ppg
50% from FG
0% from 3
10.7 rebounds/game
2.5 assists/game
French picked St. Louis over us. It wasn't that we didn't want him. Travis Ford is doing a great job recruiting there

French picked St. Louis over us. It wasn't that we didn't want him. Travis Ford is doing a great job recruiting there

Pretty sure we were out of scholarships at the time he committed. From what I remember, he had scheduled an official visit here that was canceled when Jamir Harris committed.

Pretty sure we were out of scholarships at the time he committed. From what I remember, he had scheduled an official visit here that was canceled when Jamir Harris committed.

This would be correct

Top Bottom