check this out!!!!

Could it be because the U and TCF don't have the same colors? Theirs are more maroon/brown (different than ours), yellow/gold, and orangeish. If Pepsi was our sponsor, we wouldn't expect a maroon and gold Pepsi sign, we would expect a red, white, and blue sign. I don't think TCF and the U were trying to match. Even the M on the TCF Bank stadium logo doesn't match the other maroon/brown.

I think you might have solved it pharmacy. At least, its a seemingly plausible reason.

Here is what I think is an older TCF Bank logo (basically the same maroon as their website though):
tcf_bank_logo_125w_67h.jpg

And there is the TCF Bank Stadium logo:
tcflogo.jpg

The color on the website seems to be a pretty good match to the stadium logo and the old bank logo is also similar.

When they let us in and walk around.

At least now you can explain to your g/f why the colors are different :)

I already tried to explain it... she doesn't care about anything related to Gopher football. That is why it caught me off guard.

Then I told her about how people were discussing the differences in colors from various things. She absolutely couldn't understand why they couldn't get everything to match perfectly (especially for 300 Million dollars). She actually works for the U and has to deal with match color on various mailings and promotional items. So she gets that part, but thought it was a bigger deal than some of us.

Is the "darker green" portion of the thread a joke? I assumed Bronk was mocking all of the moronic complaints over color variations that have appeared here in the last couple of weeks. But then I continued reading- and it appears that some people are serious!

It's a shadow!

But, maybe some people belive there should have been some feature added to the stadium to assure that all colors are always consistent, regardless of sun-angle variations.

And as far as the two shades of maroon on the back of the scoreboard: that's going to happen when the stadium logo has black/grey mixed into to maroon portions to give the logo a 3-dimensional effect (i.e. a simulation of reflected light).

Is the "darker green" portion of the thread a joke? I assumed Bronk was mocking all of the moronic complaints over color variations that have appeared here in the last couple of weeks. But then I continued reading- and it appears that some people are serious!

It's a shadow!

But, maybe some people belive there should have been some feature added to the stadium to assure that all colors are always consistent, regardless of sun-angle variations.

And as far as the two shades of maroon on the back of the scoreboard: that's going to happen when the stadium logo has black/grey mixed into to maroon portions to give the logo a 3-dimensional effect (i.e. a simulation of reflected light).

That's not a shadow. You can see the shadow in the upper deck of the home side... Unless we have two suns, and one of them sets in the North, it's not a shadow. I suppose there could be a box shaped blimp that happened to line up exactly with sideline also...

To be clear, I do think all the color comments are petty.

It's a shadow!

Huh? A shadow from what? The shadows from the press box can be clearly seen on the left side of the photo covering a portion of the upper deck. I suppose it could be from a cloud, but I've never seen a cloud cast a shadow with a perfectly straight edge, much less a straight edge that stretches more then the length of a football field.
attachment.php

It's a shadow!

It can't be a shadow... look at the picture.

The shadow should be coming from the south.. the stands have a shadow from the boxes on the south side.

I just hope it was a sample already with sand/rubber mix to show themt he colors will darken up. If that is true, the maroon looks much better in the darker green.

I already tried to explain it... she doesn't care about anything related to Gopher football. That is why it caught me off guard.

Then I told her about how people were discussing the differences in colors from various things. She absolutely couldn't understand why they couldn't get everything to match perfectly (especially for 300 Million dollars). She actually works for the U and has to deal with match color on various mailings and promotional items. So she gets that part, but thought it was a bigger deal than some of us.

This is actually why I think its worth chilling out until its actually done. While I expect some slight variations here or there, I seriously doubt there will be massive color differences. I mean, I'm pretty sure they were able to get the Field Turf people to create a small example of what the colors would look like so they could compare and select the right ones. My faith could be misplaced, but they've done a great job thus far and I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Guys...we REALLY need football season to get here! LOL

What an incredible thread!!!! Football cannot get here fast enough so we'll have
something to really talk about.

Take care.:)

As I understand it, the field will have a protective layering that will keep the stitched letters and logos in place during AND... will make the field a shade or two darker. Having said that, I believe they are beginning that layer on the visitor's sideline :)

Not until...

So... when we do give up this job of being nitpicky?

Lol...

Not until we see a player on the field in uniform and see that they match. :) Still a little concerned about the Gold not being bright enough.

The seats won't matter on game day.

It is not complete. The visitor sideline reflects the final color. Casually came up in a conversation with someone inside the program.

It is not complete. The visitor sideline reflects the final color. Casually came up in a conversation with someone inside the program.

Good, the darker green around the entire field will be a nice contrast.

Top Bottom