Charlie Rogers commits to Gophers!!

I'm not complaining because I like the system, but our system really puts a lot of pressure on the safeties. They are expected to help out quite a bit in the run game an they are often left to man up receivers.

Rogers is a fantastic athlete and I actually think that either him or Duke will start alongside Travis next season.

Antonio Johnson and Travis will start.

Looks like he had to take a brief detour to the JUCO ranks, so my personal guess would be it was because he had to get his academics in order.

P.S. And Dr. Don's answer.

Harvard isn't in the Big 12, but Rogers did earn Big 12 All-Academic Second Team in 2013 (his redshirt freshman season).

I'm not complaining because I like the system, but our system really puts a lot of pressure on the safeties. They are expected to help out quite a bit in the run game an they are often left to man up receivers.

Rogers is a fantastic athlete and I actually think that either him or Duke will start alongside Travis next season.

That's my impression as well. The safeties we have really bring the lumber, but there is seemingly a lot of pressure on them given Claeys' scheme. Would be nice to have a bit more range on the back end of the defense and hopefully Rogers provides that.

Nice addition! Welcome!

I have visited Iowa State - a very nice campus. Diss Iowa if you want, but leave the Cyclones alone.

Yes a nice campus. But it's in the middle of nowhere. The city of Ames (campus aside) isn't particularly impressive. Nice campus with not ideal surroundings.

Someone with more inside info on football recruiting might be able to answer this, but did Rogers have a commitable offer through the entire season? His recruitment seemed kind of weird to me as he took an early official to the "U" (believe he was the only visitor that weekend) then took no more visits until November 14 to Utah State. It seemed like he was always listing some smaller schools in his Top X and I just got the vibe that Minnesota wasn't an option for him.

From what I could gather he played fairly well for Iowa State as a true freshman and should be a nice fit for a team that could use another experienced safety.

Someone with more inside info on football recruiting might be able to answer this, but did Rogers have a commitable offer through the entire season? His recruitment seemed kind of weird to me as he took an early official to the "U" (believe he was the only visitor that weekend) then took no more visits until November 14 to Utah State. It seemed like he was always listing some smaller schools in his Top X and I just got the vibe that Minnesota wasn't an option for him.

From what I could gather he played fairly well for Iowa State as a true freshman and should be a nice fit for a team that could use another experienced safety.
I don't know for sure but he found out afterwards, that he had made a bad choice in the recruiting process, the first time. It could be as simple as 'once burnt twice shy' as the reason he took his time. It's two weeks before signing day for JUCO transfers.

I think "Duke" here is Delatavious McGhee.

Welcome to the best secondary in the B1G !

I have visited Iowa State - a very nice campus. Diss Iowa if you want, but leave the Cyclones alone.

A 'nice' campus with significantly fewer girls to guys. It's hillbilly city with jacked-up trucks, camo hats, boots, and no chicks.

A 'nice' campus with significantly fewer girls to guys. It's hillbilly city with jacked-up trucks, camo hats, boots, and no chicks.

Oh well, then maybe the students can study?

I wonder if Rogers owns a Rabbit... (could be a good nickname though.)

Been to Ames once...never went back. Not an accident. Ames sucks.

Oh well, then maybe the students can study?

There is nothing that says a nice campus like ugly girls and so little to do that you spend all of your time studying.

Top Bottom