Charley Walters on Doogie

Iceland12

Reaction score
Smart move: New KSTP-TV (Ch. 5) sports director Joe Schmit has hired former KFAN-AM producer Darren "Doogie" Wolfson for the department.

Congrats to Doogie and it's good to have Joe Schmit back. The bold lettering is the Shooter's by the way.

Congrats Doogie.

I guess I'll be ordering from the expensive beer list.

Doogie- you have been given a forum, use it for good. In depth, honest reporting on good and bad news would be refreshing. Best of luck to you, maintain your integrity.

Smart move: New KSTP-TV (Ch. 5) sports director Joe Schmit has hired former KFAN-AM producer Darren "Doogie" Wolfson for the department.

Congrats to Doogie and it's good to have Joe Schmit back. The bold lettering is the Shooter's by the way.

Smart move was to hire Joe Schmit. I will listen to KSTP just because of it. Doogie ... well I think he is a genuine fan of the Gophers. Don't often agree with his takes but I know he wants the U to do well.

Smart move was to hire Joe Schmit. I will listen to KSTP just because of it. Doogie ... well I think he is a genuine fan of the Gophers. Don't often agree with his takes but I know he wants the U to do well.
Rosen was the best sports anchor in this town, that Phil guy KSTP had was brutal. We'll see if Joe is still as good as he was. Smart move by Hubbard. Best of luck to you Doogie.

Good question ... probably now ... having lunch with Schnoodler and Iceland_12 in 25-min. if anyone wants to join. Oak City, 694 and Shingle Creek. I will still be on here plenty, and as always, I never claim to have all the answers, although I know sometimes I come off as such. I am always open to story ideas. Will provide my new email address soon. Viewer interaction is a big thing to me.

Congrats Doogie!

Don't forget to be nice to the Gophers much more often than cruel - there's already a plethora of that around; it's a LOT easier to go with the negative flow than to blaze new trails with factual, good stories and analysis.

Three Cheers for Doogie! Wishing you good luck and success with your new job. And don't be a stranger to GopherHole.

Just make sure 40 yrs from now you don't become the doddering old guy at the track ala Darkstar.

Congrats to Doogie, and yeah, hiring Schmit back was a quality move IMO by KSTP, I wasn't a fan of the last guy.

How old does he have to be before he stops calling himself 'Doogie'?

How old do you have to be before you stop calling yourself "The Accomplice"? At least with Doogie, he doesn't hide behind some lame moniker.

Congrats Doogie.

I thought I was in store for some hot guy on guy action in this thread. Color me disappointed...

How old do you have to be before you stop calling yourself "The Accomplice"? At least with Doogie, he doesn't hide behind some lame moniker.

Congrats Doogie.

Looks like someone has a crush on Doogie!

At least the Gophers will have an Ally in the local TV press

Besides Joe Schmidt who has been a Gophers ally on the local sports scene? Gophers will have a voice, even if it not always an opinion or segment you will agree with, at least someone on TV will be talking about the Gophers. Doogie is a U alum and want's to see the Gophers do well, KMSP channel nine would have been wise to put him on instead of that lady. She may be nice to look at(Same as Hutch) but just not much of a sports caster or commentator. Doogie any chance you will cover the Gophers signing social for Channel 5?

Besides Joe Schmidt who has been a Gophers ally on the local sports scene? Gophers will have a voice, even if it not always an opinion or segment you will agree with, at least someone on TV will be talking about the Gophers. Doogie is a U alum and want's to see the Gophers do well, KMSP channel nine would have been wise to put him on instead of that lady. She may be nice to look at(Same as Hutch) but just not much of a sports caster or commentator. Doogie any chance you will cover the Gophers signing social for Channel 5?

Thanks for the nice words. Dawn Mitchell does a nice job. Ch. 9 is lucky to have her. As for next Wed., we will be all over it one way or another. I don't know if it'll be me specifically. I'll also make sure we're at Irondale for Gjere. But obviously a lot of attention will be paid to Henderson's announcement in New York. Hopefully he announces he'll be a Gopher.

I couldn't be more proud of Doogie! We are so lucky to have him on the board, and doing pieces for GH - he is so talented and well-connected. It's really rare that someone in Doogie's position is so generous with his time and information to contribute here.

I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it! :)

Nadine -- You rock! Even though you're Clooney "Up in the Air" like, but on the road, constantly working your ass off, you devote so much time and energy to this board. I don't think most on here know how much you do behind-the-scenes to make this the definitive place to come for Gophers discussion/information.

Congrats Doogie - you rock...way better than Sludge, Gardsy, or Mr. Phun!

Doogie- you have been given a forum, use it for good. In depth, honest reporting on good and bad news would be refreshing. Best of luck to you, maintain your integrity.

Don't count on it. From what I've seen here the guy is anxious to parrot every "big" name in the TC media. Good luck to the U.

So the question is, how did the slap-and-tickle fest between the three of you go?

All the GH wags are just dying to know.

So the question is, how did the slap-and-tickle fest between the three of you go?

All the GH wags are just dying to know.

Was it something like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMrQLz2nTMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMrQLz2nTMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It went well. Most of the conversation wasn't related to football; except for that, it was about what you'd expect. The only misinformation was Schoodler thought that Doogie was from St. Louis Park and it turns out he's a St. Paul suburb kid.

I talked to much with, to much emotion. EPGopher was very knowledgeable and precise. He knew quite a bit about Suburban High School Football. Doogie had some entertaining stories but was a little hard of hearing. Schnoodler was pleasant, funny and as you could probably tell by his name, about 6'1'' or 2", very Nordic looking, blonde, with a 2'' dueling scar on his cheek. Oddly enough, he spoke with a slight German/Argentine accent.:eek:

That may explain the beer...

Top Bottom