Charles Webb Back Talks Recruiting-- link

Definitely looks like a playmaker. Would be another good in-state addition if we extended an offer and he committed.

Webb is as talented as any player in the state. The word is that the U (and other Big 10 programs) are waiting for him to either get his GPA up or score well on the ACT.

If those things improve, I think his recruiting will really pick up. I think he'll end up with an offer from us, Iowa, VT and maybe another Big 10 team or two.

It doesn't seem the U of M is giving him much attention. Even with sub-par grades currently, it kind of worries me that Gopher coaches don't appear to be keeping in regular contact with him. His You Tube makes him appear to be the real deal.

Yeah, TCF, I don't know what the deal is. He is definitely a talented kid.

I wouldn't be shocked if the feeling is sort of mutual with him though. I remember a thread a few months ago where he was talking about wanting to go away for school (I can't remember if it was a Monter interview or what), but maybe he doesn't have much interest in staying close to home either (if he has equal or better options).

Yeah, I saw the same quotes, but he stated in this article that he has called them twice (didn't leave a msg).

Yeah, good call.

I also know this is a strange time in recruiting. Recruits can call the coaches, but they can't call them back.

But yeah, I don't know if that's what is going on here with Webb or not, I do know that I would really like to see him added to this class.

When he gets his ACT score & if his grades improve skies the limit for this talented kid.

I really hope things work out between Webb and the U, the guy's got a ton of talent, he'd be a nice addition.

I just noticed that on Scout it shows that Minnesota no longer has interest in Webb. Are his academics that much of a concern that Kill has dropped him from consideration? I find it hard to believe that his size would be the reason for not offering this kid.

I have no idea why we wouldn't be interested but i'd have a real hard time believing it would have to do with his size. The kid is a pretty physical player.

I have no idea why we wouldn't be interested but i'd have a real hard time believing it would have to do with his size. The kid is a pretty physical player.
I would be very skeptical about using any of the recruiting services to accurately tell who is interested in Webb. The Bielema article was great in that he basically said he does not want anything to do with any of them, and my impression is that Coach Kill would not say it out loud as much, but would basically be from the same school of thought. Those folks know a lot about the kids Alabama, Texas, and Auburn are after, but not so much about even most of the kids Iowa and Wisconsin get. Given that we are even looking for "steals" among kids iowa and Wisconsin miss, they don't seem like very authoritative sources for real information about our recruits.

I just noticed that on Scout it shows that Minnesota no longer has interest in Webb. Are his academics that much of a concern that Kill has dropped him from consideration? I find it hard to believe that his size would be the reason for not offering this kid.

Not sure where you heard this but from his quotes a week ago the gophers are still recruiting him???

Top Bottom