Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to pray to God for forgiveness and for Frank's success.

It is time to move on.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Ragnows are also 'clients' of Levi Bradley.

If this is true (and I would guess it probably is)…and I think JC and Vaughn were too…then all that needs to happen is that Kill and Pitino recruits do better than his. If in 4 years Frank and JC don't make the NFL (or if in a couple years they aren't even playing) and Vaughn flames out…Bradley's reputation will drop like a rock. It's stories like Hageman's that are going to get the in state players to stay here.

"Enough is enough" about Frank and Arkansas!

I agree...let's move on! It's time to enjoy our
bright future! Go Gophers!

"SEC is the best... you can lie and say the Big Ten is up there but..."

lol ouch.

hard not to believe those calling the way he announced tacky and tasteless are only going with that because he didn't pick the home school.

if he chose Minnesota tacky and tasteless becomes awesome and amazing.

hard not to believe those calling the way he announced tacky and tasteless are only going with that because he didn't pick the home school.

Well considering it was mostly Gopher fans in attendance, no matter who he selects, yeah, I think you summed it up perfectly.

Maybe just maybe Frank is a huge Gopher fan. He committed to Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named only to sign with the gophers on NSD. Poor Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named cries and eats himself sick on pork rinds while Frank wins over the hearts of gopher fans and sticks it to Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named one last time.

Maybe just maybe Frank is a huge Gopher fan. He committed to Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named only to sign with the gophers on NSD. Poor Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named cries and eats himself sick on pork rinds while Frank wins over the hearts of gopher fans and sticks it to Former Wisconsin Coach not to be named one last time.

Ala Konrad Zagzebski just a little later in the process. I'd be ok with that...bummer it won't happen.

Well theres your problem lol. Northwest Arkansas is actually really nice...most SEC fans rate Fayetteville as a top 5 town in the SEC. But the rest of the state is pretty meh

So, like Austin, TX, or Atlanta, GA. At least the football's good in those parts.

Two completely different scenarios. You don't fill an auditorium to tell the home team ( who you didn't rule out) you are leaving. What's very difficult to understand is that you can't understand this. It's tacky and classless also.

It is time to move on.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the speech police won't let us talk about something that happened less than 24 hours ago? Feel free not to click on the thread if you want to move on.

If he's really starting as a true freshman in the SEC West that is a bold, bold strategy by Bielema.

In the immortal words of Chris Webber, "Good luck."

I would just love to add the piglets the OOC schedule. Too bad Bert will be gone before we could play them. Would like adding a weak SEC team to the schedule to beat each year. Would be a nice notch in the belt and a good OOC rivalry.

Not losing sleep about us losing Frank. This hurts him a lot more than it does the Gophers.

Two completely different scenarios. You don't fill an auditorium to tell the home team ( who you didn't rule out) you are leaving. What's very difficult to understand is that you can't understand this. It's tacky and classless also.

You in fact validate my point that the only reason to think it's tacky is because he didn't pick the home school. Alright to fill the auditorium and make the announcement as long as it's the announcement you want to hear.

This was his moment to do any way he wanted. Too bad that got in the way of your moment.

You couldn't have come to this conclusion by reading this thread. People have been praising JP Macura and JC Hausseneur for handling their decisions with some class. To call a press conference and announce you're leaving the homestate is a mini-version of the Lebron scenario. It's classless. It isn't tacky that he chose to go elsewhere, it's tacky how he chose to go elsewhere.

You in fact validate my point that the only reason to think it's tacky is because he didn't pick the home school. Alright to fill the auditorium and make the announcement as long as it's the announcement you want to hear.

This was his moment to do any way he wanted. Too bad that got in the way of your moment.

That's life though. If Frank Ragnow didn't have the U in his final 2, this "announcement" wouldn't have been a blip on anyone's radar. It barely was a blip to the casual sports fan.

There is a time and a place for everything. Frank needed his moment, you made my point. He got it and he's being judged at how he went about having "his moment".

If this is true (and I would guess it probably is)…and I think JC and Vaughn were too…then all that needs to happen is that Kill and Pitino recruits do better than his. If in 4 years Frank and JC don't make the NFL (or if in a couple years they aren't even playing) and Vaughn flames out…Bradley's reputation will drop like a rock. It's stories like Hageman's that are going to get the in state players to stay here.

It's true, Frank and his family did work with Bradley. That just tells me he had visions of leaving home a long time ago. No doubt he liked Kill and the staff but it just wasn't enough. Unfortunately the SEC perception and "getting away" got in the way of what was probably Frank's best choice (Minnesota instead of Arkansas). Oh well.

I surprised that so many people are shocked by Ragnow's decision. Disappointed, sure, but given what Ragnow wants, his choice makes sense.

Ragnow has stated he wants to go pro. Bielema and Arkansas give him a much better chance than the Gophers.

Ragnow has said he wants to play for a winning team. The Razorbacks have a recent history of success and so does Bielema. We have had three mediocre years in the past decade and have been in the toilet of the big ten for almost 50 years. There is no way Arkansas will fire its coach after two or three years.

I think the problem many have with your comments about this is that, if these things were so important, why didn't he consider some of the other options he had like Ohio St.? These two things probably were a factor, but there's no way he or anyone could say they were the top factors because he had better options for both points you made.

Maybe they were tie-breakers, but who knows.

You couldn't have come to this conclusion by reading this thread. People have been praising JP Macura and JC Hausseneur for handling their decisions with some class. To call a press conference and announce you're leaving the homestate is a mini-version of the Lebron scenario. It's classless. It isn't tacky that he chose to go elsewhere, it's tacky how he chose to go elsewhere.

I can understand people being disappointed about the decision but if the roles were reversed and some kid that lived in Arkansas held a press conference yesterday and put on the Minnesota hat instead of the home school hat the view of tacky would be quite different on this board.

Just think it all comes back to the choice not the way the choice is handled.

I think the problem many have with your comments about this is that, if these things were so important, why didn't he consider some of the other options he had like Ohio St.? These two things probably were a factor, but there's no way he or anyone could say they were the top factors because he had better options for both points you made.

Maybe they were tie-breakers, but who knows.

This is the key, IMO.

I'm not mad he is leaving. Frankly, I'm annoyed that some Gopher's fans think that MN is always the best and only logical choice.

That said, if those were honestly two of the biggest reasons he chose to not go to MN...it is strange that he ended up at Arkansas, not the National Champion or the perennial B10 contender OSU.

I can understand people being disappointed about the decision but if the roles were reversed and some kid that lived in Arkansas held a press conference yesterday and put on the Minnesota hat instead of the home school hat the view of tacky would be quite different on this board.

Your thinking is wrong. He can go anywhere he wants and I personally think going to Arkansas would be interesting and fun. In your scenario above it would be a tacky and classless way to tell the Arkansas fan base he was leaving. Any Arkansas or Gopher fan with the ability to reason would agree.
I don't doubt there are many people who wouldn't have a problem with the announcement.

Your thinking is wrong. He can go anywhere he wants and I personally think going to Arkansas would be interesting and fun. In your scenario above it would be a tacky and classless way to tell the Arkansas fan base he was leaving. Any Arkansas or Gopher fan with the ability to reason would agree.
I don't doubt there are many people who wouldn't have a problem with the announcement.

You're from Arkansas, aren't you?

If he's really starting as a true freshman in the SEC West that is a bold, bold strategy by Bielema.

In the immortal words of Chris Webber, "Good luck."

2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5547528dbd444ea3dfe48abc7.jpg

I'd be excited to have the kid, but I'd think the press conference is in awful taste. I don't have an issue with Frank going elsewhere, I get it. He must've had some connection with the Arkansas staff, so I can't even blame him for where he went. His press conference was tacky. He wanted his own special day and he got it. But there is going to be a backlash for wanting to be the center of attention.

He's made his choice, it's done. I'll concern myself with the recruits who want to be here.

Ragnow has to be one of the stupidest recruits in history. Piss away a chance to play for the national champion Seminoles? Say no to South Beach and San Francisco? Doesn't even visit Ohio St.? Spurn the homestate Gophers and rub it in our faces by having a f*cking press conference after the Reid Travis show? Waste 2 years of Jerry Kill's and Limegrover's life when you were never going to stay home? All to play for a team that was 0-8 in the SEC and lost to Bama and South Carolina by a combined scored of 104-7? And play center at 6'6", a positon you've never played? For a program that will be forced to fire Bielema if they have another season like last year?

Hopefully he finds Will Johnson down there for some bonding time....

You guys sure are hung up on the record thing. I guess players should have never came here after Petrino's 5-7 season his first year here, and missed the 10 and 11 win seasons. Recruits were stupid going to Auburn last year after finishing 3-9 too

Choosing a school based on a one or two year window isn't that smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom