CFN Predicts the B10 - Has Gophers at 7-5, 3-5 in BT

Norsk_Gopher

Reaction score
CFN puplished their predictions for every B1G game for the upcoming season.

For the Gophers:

Minnesota
2013 CFN Pred: 7-5
2013 Big Ten Pred: 3-5

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska L
11/2 at Indiana W
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin L
11/30 at Michigan St L

See all of their predictions at http://cfn.scout.com/2/1309312.html

I agree with everything on this, Penn St. could be difficult yet this year but I think the 7-5 record is about right. I would also be pleased with this, looking for a big step forward from Nelson to lead us into the 2014-2015 season, I know getting ahead of myself.

For the Gophers:

Minnesota

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska L
11/2 at Indiana W
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin L
11/30 at Michigan St L

Although I think we can take Bucky this year, I can see this schedule happening and wouldn't be too upset with it. Beat Sconnie or steal one at Mich. St. and that's a real good year.

Given where this program has come from, I would be surprised if we all wouldn't take that. It would be another step forward although there would still be plenty of posts in the strib saying "Kill was brought in to build the program and after year three he barely wins over half his games" or "What a bunch of losers, 3-5 in the Big 10!?!?!"

My biggest concern is it seems like the schedule continues to get harder in the next few years and even a much better team may not have a much better record, which will give all those negative nancy types plenty of material despite the improvement.

Those other B1G predictions are interesting. They're not as high on OSU as many seem, and I agree with that.

I say 8 and 4

For the Gophers:

Minnesota

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska L
11/2 at Indiana W
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin L
11/30 at Michigan St L

I can't disagree too much with this but I think we beat NW and Wisc. and lose at Penn State. Overall I see 8-4 with Nelson making some stupid plays (I'm a big Nelson fan but he is only a sophomore and there are some crafty D coaches in the Big 10) and losing a game for us. I also see some team taking us lightly (Neb.?) and we upset them.

This is a much better team than people realize. They are fast and will mostly be in the right spots at the right time. Nelson is a good QB, the receivers are good enough, the defense is quick and teams will have a hard time passing against us. We will be competitive in every game.

I vividly remember when Kill and Northern Ill. came to town. The Gophers had superior athletes but Northern had a better team. That game really wasn't very close.

I think Limegrover and Claeys are very good X and O guys. They are not the only good X and O guys in the Big 10 but they are better than many/most of the coordinators we have had in the past. They will give the team a fighting chance.

Given where this program has come from, I would be surprised if we all wouldn't take that. It would be another step forward although there would still be plenty of posts in the strib saying "Kill was brought in to build the program and after year three he barely wins over half his games" or "What a bunch of losers, 3-5 in the Big 10!?!?!"

My biggest concern is it seems like the schedule continues to get harder in the next few years and even a much better team may not have a much better record, which will give all those negative nancy types plenty of material despite the improvement.

Glen Mason was 5-3 in Big 10 play for his third season at Minnesota.

I might be the only one that thinks this but I think we beat Michigan. It just seems to me that having only one experienced QB and also having to replace the starting interior line is a recipe for disaster. I believe we're good enough to beat Micigan, if Dennard is hurt, which I expect given Micigan's early schedule.

I swear, Wisconsin's BT schedule for this year gets easier every damn time I look at it. Good grief, what a lucky draw for a new head coach.

More than any other B1G school, much more often than not Wisconsin ends up with among the softer conference football and basketball schedules.

I believe we're good enough to beat Micigan, if Dennard is hurt, which I expect given Micigan's early schedule.

If Denard Robinson is hurt this fall, it would be more likely to affect the Jacksonville Jaguars than it would the Michigan Wolverines.

If Denard Robinson is hurt this fall, it would be more likely to affect the Jacksonville Jaguars than it would the Michigan Wolverines.

I'm more offended that he thought he could predict injuries based on schedule.

I put very, very little stock in what CFN says because I think that site has fallen off substantially in recent years. For example, they have Indiana and Michigan both winning their matchup in Ann Arbor on 10/19.

Regardless, this is pretty much how I expect the season to go, though I think the game at Indiana is a coin flip. The other 6 W's...those are the ones I'm pegging, too.

Micigan replaces both guards and the center and only has Devin Gardner as an experienced QB. I just have a gut feeling, that he gets hurt early, especially with Notre Dame on the schedule. I've had that feeling since the other experienced QB transfered. YMMV

If they win their first five I'd be pissed with 2-5 the rest of the way.

I'd be more than happy with a 7-5 record. It's going to take baby steps and there is a long way to go.

I will take anything that gets us a bowl game. To go 8-4 would open eyes for recruits however.

This is what I would like to see:

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska W
11/2 at Indiana L
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin W
11/30 at Michigan St L

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska W
11/2 at Indiana L
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin W
11/30 at Michigan St L

Hmmmm... Do you ref the games at TCF? Nice homefield advantage you've got there...

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

8/31 UNLV W
9/7 at NMSU W
9/14 Western Illinois W
9/21 San Jose State W
9/28 Iowa W
10/5 at Michigan L
10/12 OPEN DATE
10/19 at Northwestern L
10/26 Nebraska W
11/2 at Indiana L
11/9 Penn State W
11/16 OPEN DATE
11/23 Wisconsin W
11/30 at Michigan St L

Why would you like to see us lose to Michigan, Northwestern, Indiana and Michigan State?

Why would you like to see us lose to Michigan, Northwestern, Indiana and Michigan State?

Because I'm trying to be somewhat realistic and positive. Worst case scenario 3-9, best case scenario 12-0. This is my positive, realistic prediction. I'm "banking" on an electric atmosphere at TCF in 2013. Something akin to the Syracuse game last year. Go Gophers!

If they win their first five I'd be pissed with 2-5 the rest of the way.

You can bet that's how the Twin Cities media would play it. "Gophers collapse down the Stretch......"

Personally, I could live with 7-5 - IF the losses came in competitive games. If they are losing games by 10 points, that leaves a much different impression than if they're losing games by 50 points. If they could pull off an 8-4 season, that would be great. But, considering where this program has been, I will be happy with small, steady steps forward (as opposed to a big jump forward, followed by a big jump backwards.....)

Because I'm trying to be somewhat realistic and positive. Worst case scenario 3-9, best case scenario 12-0. This is my positive, realistic prediction. I'm "banking" on an electric atmosphere at TCF in 2013. Something akin to the Syracuse game last year. Go Gophers!

That Syracuse game was so much fun....even the whole student section showed! Best fan showing since the Air Force game. Hope we can get the same enthusiasm for Iowa after we go (4-0) non-conference.

Top Bottom