Cell Phones Which one do you have

gophersfan

Reaction score
Me and my mom are upgrading our old Phoenix 4 cell phone. We thinking we go with Samsung phones. my mom want to not spend a lot of money on our phones.

Which one do you have. Which one are good. We not getting a apple iphone period. Will never go that way.

I have an old iphone 8, LOL. It's probably time to upgrade. I usually go with the oldest iphone available at T-mobile.

I have the iPhone SE

It’s a smaller cheaper version of the regular model, but it easily fits in my hand and in my pocket - I hate ginormous phones and luckily still am not far sighted, so a bigger screen isn’t mandatory.

It cheaper because it’s smaller and also sad has a regular camera phone, but a super mark duper one

Last edited:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. 4.5 years old still holding up pretty well on battery life etc. The new Samsung S23's look nice but the price without switching carriers or #'s is outrageous.

I have an older Motorola Z4 (Moto Z4) Android.

I like it, but the battery is dying. burns through a full charge in less than a day. there is a local tech guy who (I believe) can replace the battery for me. If I can get the battery back to full performance, I'll hang onto this phone for a while.

I don't do a lot of pictures or video. I use my phone to make phone calls and texts, for Twitter, Google Maps, Internet access and a few apps.

And - of course - to read and post on Gopher Hole during Gopher games. The Most Important function for any Phone.

(because of my battery issues, I had to go out and buy an extension cord so that I could keep my phone plugged in while sitting on the couch watching games.....and then I found an extension cord in a closet that I had forgotten about.....so now I have two......one is orange and one is blue......)

I have whatever the cheapest 5G Samsung was when I switched to Mint Mobile 3 years ago. I'll use this till it dies. The new/latest phone means little to me.

iPhone XR on Boost Mobile, baby! I think my bill is maybe $35/month? I get a stipend of $75/month from my firm for my phone, so I just pocket the extra because I'm cheap.

There is so little difference in each year's phone I have no idea why some people feel the need to upgrade every year or every other year.

iPhone XR on Boost Mobile, baby! I think my bill is maybe $35/month? I get a stipend of $75/month from my firm for my phone, so I just pocket the extra because I'm cheap.

There is so little difference in each year's phone I have no idea why some people feel the need to upgrade every year or every other year.
I love Mint Mobile. I don't go anywhere, so I rarely use data, but I have their 5GB plan, and it's $15 a month. Never had an issue.

I love Mint Mobile. I don't go anywhere, so I rarely use data, but I have their 5GB plan, and it's $15 a month. Never had an issue.
Mint seems like a good deal. We've been on Boost for probably 10 years now (started back when it was Virgin Mobile). Looking at unlimited plans, it looks like Mint and Boost are price comparable. Looking at Mint, that's awesome that they have really cheap options for those that don't use a ton of data. I personally like Boost as they have good device options. They currently have iPhone 11, 12, 14, 15 available, with the older ones being cheaper. So you can buy the previous versions at cheaper prices to save even more money.

Either way (Boost or Mint and/or the other low-cost carriers), you're buying the device, so you can get it unlocked. This feature is awesome when you travel overseas and can just pop in a local SIM card for data/phone coverage. No such luck when you're financing that new iPhone 15 every year through Verizon. They both use legit phone networks, so I honestly have no idea what the downside is.

Mint seems like a good deal. We've been on Boost for probably 10 years now (started back when it was Virgin Mobile). Looking at unlimited plans, it looks like Mint and Boost are price comparable. Looking at Mint, that's awesome that they have really cheap options for those that don't use a ton of data. I personally like Boost as they have good device options. They currently have iPhone 11, 12, 14, 15 available, with the older ones being cheaper. So you can buy the previous versions at cheaper prices to save even more money.

Either way (Boost or Mint and/or the other low-cost carriers), you're buying the device, so you can get it unlocked. This feature is awesome when you travel overseas and can just pop in a local SIM card for data/phone coverage. No such luck when you're financing that new iPhone 15 every year through Verizon. They both use legit phone networks, so I honestly have no idea what the downside is.
Which network does Mint run off of (Verizon/ATT/TMobile)?

well, I'm getting a new phone. my Motorola Moto Z4 has been a pain in the butt lately - low battery life and locking up.

So I'm going with a Samsung Galaxy S23FE. picking it up on Monday.

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S24 - but in order to get that phone, I would have had to upgrade my plan on Verizon. They have three levels of Unlimited service (Unlimited Welcome, Unlimited Plus and Unlimited Ultimate), and I'm on the lower level, so I would have had to move to a higher (as in more expensive) level of service in order to get the newer phone. and the S23FE has pretty good reviews on some of the technical websites.

looked at T-Mobile and Mint Mobile, and I could have saved a few bucks, but in the end, just didn't want to go through the whole switching providers routine.

FWIW - I looked at a YouTube video showing the process for replacing the battery on a cell phone. Yikes - I wouldn't attempt that if my life depended on it.

I have an iPhone only because my company got it for me and I did not have the option to go android. I had android phones for a very long time.

Android is the superior platform, no question.

Top Bottom