CBS: Where every team ranks in each state, from top to bottom (Minnesota: 1. Minnesota, 2. St Thomas)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

1636058782457.png

Minnesota

1. Minnesota
  2. St Thomas
State of the state: The Golden Gophers no longer stand alone in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. St. Paul-based St. Thomas now joins the fold and is the lone newcomer to D-I this season. Minnesota should always rank ahead of the Tommies, but it's possible it isn't this low for more than a decade. New coach Ben Johnson has almost an entirely new roster after Richard Pitino's team from last season scattered in a dozen directions.

Go Gophers!!

So 14th in the Big Ten is still better than St. Thomas.

per CBS:

View attachment 15129

Minnesota

1. Minnesota
  2. St Thomas
State of the state: The Golden Gophers no longer stand alone in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. St. Paul-based St. Thomas now joins the fold and is the lone newcomer to D-I this season. Minnesota should always rank ahead of the Tommies, but it's possible it isn't this low for more than a decade. New coach Ben Johnson has almost an entirely new roster after Richard Pitino's team from last season scattered in a dozen directions.

Go Gophers!!
Obviously, this survey only considers D-1 Schools. However, I'd be curious if anybody here thinks that any of the D-2 clubs in Minnesota like St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, Winona might actually be better teams than St. Thomas. Admittedly, I haven't kept close track of who St. Thomas has on their roster since they made the jump, or how these players rate in the hoops world.

Not claiming that any of them are, since I'm not close enough to truly keep track, but just wondering how you fans that actually live in Minnesota would rank some of those teams as compared to St. Thomas for this upcoming season.

My favorite weekend is coming up. In Montana, one of the biggest days is Montana State Bobcats vs. University of Montana Grizzlies. When people walk into my office, they always ask if I am a Bobcat or Griz fan - I really enjoy the looks on their face when I say...I could care less, I am a Gopher fan!

Obviously, this survey only considers D-1 Schools. However, I'd be curious if anybody here thinks that any of the D-2 clubs in Minnesota like St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, Winona might actually be better teams than St. Thomas. Admittedly, I haven't kept close track of who St. Thomas has on their roster since they made the jump, or how these players rate in the hoops world.

Not claiming that any of them are, since I'm not close enough to truly keep track, but just wondering how you fans that actually live in Minnesota would rank some of those teams as compared to St. Thomas for this upcoming season.
Its hard to say but I don't see St Thomas being too much better than the D-2 teams this year and if they played in the NSIC they would probably lose some games. But they'll improve quickly bringing in D1 recruits and in a couple years they'll be easily above them.

My favorite weekend is coming up. In Montana, one of the biggest days is Montana State Bobcats vs. University of Montana Grizzlies. When people walk into my office, they always ask if I am a Bobcat or Griz fan - I really enjoy the looks on their face when I say...I could care less, I am a Gopher fan!
Honestly Mankato might be the best team in the state this year

Word I got UST beat Mankato in their scrimmage both halves… UST was raining threes…

Mankato was long and athletic but couldn’t guard the three…

UST is the best shooting team in the state. Everyone on the team hits shots seemingly every time

Top Bottom