CBS: United States of College Basketball: Predicting the best team in each state for the 2023-24 season (Minnesota: Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per CBS:

Minnesota: Minnesota Golden Gophers

Outlook: It's only been in the past couple of years that Minnesota had in-state competition, but we'll likely see the sun envelop the earth before St. Thomas can proclaim bragging rights in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. (Post-publishing mea culpa, for St. Thomas finished AHEAD of Minny last season at KenPom!) For Ben Johnson's Golden Gophers, the goal this season is to get into the NIT and away from the bottom of the Big Ten standings.

Go Gophers!!

An example of not really paying attention to what’s actually going on in both schools’ athletic programs. One clearly has some momentum, the other does not.

An example of not really paying attention to what’s actually going on in both schools’ athletic programs. One clearly has some momentum, the other does not.

They might have momentum but they still have a long way to go before they get to the level of even the weakest teams in the Big Ten. I suppose if that rumor about them possibly joining the Big East in the future is true, they might eventually get there.

They might have momentum but they still have a long way to go before they get to the level of even the weakest teams in the Big Ten.
Agree.

I don’t expect it to take all that long for UST to get there. By 2031, the 10-year mark of UST going D1, I think they’ll be there. … perhaps a smidge sooner.

It’s going to be interesting to see what conferences look like in 2031, that is, even if they exist at all.

Top Bottom