CBS Sports re-ranked all 130 FBS teams. Here's where all 14 B1G programs landed

nitramnaed

Reaction score

I don't have a problem with the Gopher position except being rated below Nebby.​

Scott Schultz
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...teams-heres-where-all-14-b1g-programs-landed/
Now that we have a month of college football in the books for 2021, quite a few of the early season predictions have already gone out the window (cue the Ohio State fight song).
CBS Sports released an update of their rankings of the 130 teams at the FBS level, and the B1G is well represented near the top of the list.
I don't have a problem with the Gopher position except being rated below Nebby.

Of the top 20 teams, the conference has 6 teams. Penn State leads the way at No. 4, ironically where Ohio State started the season. Iowa is at No. 6 to be the only other B1G team to make the top 10, with No. 12 Ohio State, No. 14 Michigan and No. 15 Michigan State sliding into the second 10.

Below is a look at where CBS Sports ranked all 14 B1G teams entering the season.
4. Penn State
6. Iowa
12. Ohio State
13. Michigan
14. Michigan State
20. Maryland
38. Wisconsin
51. Rutgers
59. Purdue
60. Indiana
64. Nebraska
78. Minnesota
88. Northwestern
92. Illinois

Damn the Bowling Green fiasco cost about 30-50 spots in a lot of subjective and computer ranks.

Long way back from that one.

Nebraska might be the best 0-2 team in conference history.
They lost to a bottom 4 team (Illinois) and to Michigan state who I suspect is not top 4

We're looking at two wins the rest of the way if this ranking is to be believed.

Nebraska might be the best 0-2 team in conference history.
They lost to a bottom 4 team (Illinois) and to Michigan state who I suspect is not top 4
Something seems a little off when their #64 team should have beaten the #14 team if the punter doesn't kick to the completely wrong side of the field.

MSU is much improved but 14 is way too high. Yes they are 4-0 but look at who they have played so far, Northwestern, an overrated Miami team (currently 2-2 with wins over bad teams), Youngstown State, and Nebraska.....not exactly a muderer's row of top teams there.

Wow! One game is really taking us this far down?

Time and time again.....

We will never get the pollsters or national media love until the programs consistency is evident.

When we've only played four total games and it was a loss to a really bad team? Yeah. If we string together some B1G wins that should dilute the effect of this loss and we can bounce back.

Put back in the basement 😞

I don't have a problem with the Gopher position except being rated below Nebby.​

Scott Schultz
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...teams-heres-where-all-14-b1g-programs-landed/
Now that we have a month of college football in the books for 2021, quite a few of the early season predictions have already gone out the window (cue the Ohio State fight song).
CBS Sports released an update of their rankings of the 130 teams at the FBS level, and the B1G is well represented near the top of the list.
I don't have a problem with the Gopher position except being rated below Nebby.

Of the top 20 teams, the conference has 6 teams. Penn State leads the way at No. 4, ironically where Ohio State started the season. Iowa is at No. 6 to be the only other B1G team to make the top 10, with No. 12 Ohio State, No. 14 Michigan and No. 15 Michigan State sliding into the second 10.

Below is a look at where CBS Sports ranked all 14 B1G teams entering the season.
4. Penn State
6. Iowa
12. Ohio State
13. Michigan
14. Michigan State
20. Maryland
38. Wisconsin
51. Rutgers
59. Purdue
60. Indiana
64. Nebraska
78. Minnesota
88. Northwestern
92. Illinois

Gophers are better than that, as are Huskers. It's disconcerting, though, to see how coaches have revitalized Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan State, probably Nebraska, too, but it ain't happening here.

I think in his radio show, Fleck called this the most inconsistent team he has ever coached - in terms of their performance from week-to-week.

fair or not, in the polls, one bad game hurts you more than one good game helps you.
to really move up now, the Gophers would have to beat Iowa.

Miami wasn’t a good game either, but at least a win. Ohio State second half the defense looked awful, and I don’t think anyone outside of Minnesota is very impressed now with the Colorado win - Colorado looks to be bad, and we looked awful the past week. Not a lot of positives to overcome an awful loss.

Gophers are better than that, as are Huskers. It's disconcerting, though, to see how coaches have revitalized Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan State, probably Nebraska, too, but it ain't happening here.
How do you figure that Frost, Locksley, Schiano and Tucker have revitalized their teams more so than Fleck?

Frost - Has yet to finish with a winning record and team is currently 2-3

Locksley - Maryland is off to a decent start but has not exactly played a tough schedule and beat Illinois by 3

Tucker - Michigan State is getting WAY too much hype and needed a complete bonehead play by the Nebraska punter to survive at home against Nebraska

Schiano - Good coach, if he hangs around will probably make Rutgers competitive but doubt they ever crack the Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan tier of that division on any sort of regular basis. Could be the East's version of Northwestern....if he sticks around.

None of those coaches has finished the year with a winning record yet at their schools (Schiano's previous Rutgers stint doesn't count). Fleck has done it twice in his first 4 years, including an 11-2 season.

This poll is a direct reflection of the horrible game against Bowling Green. But it is foolish to imply that at this point any of those 4 coaches have done more for their programs than Fleck has for the U.

4 more top 25 teams guaranteed to lose this week and 4 more are dogs or favored by less than 4.

Top Bottom