CBS: Nick Saban goes off on Lane Kiffin in blowout

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Winning by 28 points at home is not enough for Nick Saban. He demands perfection at all times, and a 38-10 win over Western Kentucky is not perfection -- heck, it wasn't even enough to cover.

With less than a minute to play in the game, Saban was not pleased with the way the offense was performing and made sure offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin heard about it.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...in-in-blowout-has-perfect-comment-after-game/

Go Gophers!!

A couple of D-Bags. One is a good coach; the other isn't.

I understand that as a coach, you're wanting to demand perfection throughout, no matter the score of the game. But this is where I think Saban needs to have a little more restraint. There's no reason he couldn't have addressed any issues he had with the offense with Kiffin inside the locker room after the game.

But then again, this is Alabama. Their fans get off on this stuff. Remember when AJ McCarron went off on Barrett Jones, his C, when they were smashing Notre Dame late in the national championship. They all loved it.

I was in Tuscaloosa Saturday morning. I was driving back to Atlanta from visiting a client and decided to spend the night. On my way out of the hotel a guy delivering newspapers handed me one of their local papers. Tuscaloosa News - Game Day. One of the headlines was that Kiffin is now making 1.4 million. Yeah; I guess Saban should expect a lot. I bet this will be Kiffin's last year. As much as most folks around the country do not respect the boy, he will be someone's head coach next year and you can triple his salary.

If we were not playing yesterday I would have loved to gone to their game to experience what it would be like. I had 3 more hours to drive home and I wanted to settle down in front of the 70" boob tube and chill. I noticed a lot of empty seats at TCF and I am sure it had a lot to do with whom we were playing. Alabama was not exactly playing an NFL team either. I bet there was not one seat empty and a scalped ticked would been pretty expensive i am sure.

If my father is a legendary NFL coach my chances of being offered big time coaching positions are ludicrously higher than otherwise.

I hate this crap more than talk of bulletin board material. It is all show. The media & naive gobble it up - "wow, what a perfectionist Saban is", "wow, that drive is why AL is so good", etc etc. It is such a crock. Makes me want to vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban knows exactly what he's doing. He "goes off" a couple times a year at a press conference where everyone at the conference is filtered by the school. They're hand picked to be there, they throw him soft balls, and then he decides to make a point. It's all a show for the benefit of the players.

Top Bottom