Caution--Are we just a bubble team again?

I agree Z-stein, and I think we will still make the tourney. 5 home games left...I am just saying we LOOKED/PERFORMED like a NIT bound squad tonight.

Bubble right now? Yes, we are on the bubble until we at least get to 20 wins.

Bubble right now? Yes, we are on the bubble until we at least get to 20 wins.

No. If they were to pick teams for the tourny right now, the gophers would no doubt be in. Not yet a bubble team.

No. If they were to pick teams for the tourny right now, the gophers would no doubt be in. Not yet a bubble team.

Exactly...bubble means if you are one of the first 6-8 teams in or last 6-8 teams out at this point. Considering the Gophers still easily have the resume to be a 7 or 8 seed at this point, we are NOT a bubble team yet.

+1. At this moment we'd be an 8 or 9 seed. Hardly last 4 in. While there's reason to be concerned, we have played the 4 toughest games on the schedule (5 toughest after Sunday.)

There's nothing I hate more than agreeing with M2S but this team has had an arrow on it's back pointing towards bubble ever since Al went down.

Best case scenerio.....I've been wrong many times before.

Seems we are destined to be a perennial bubble team.:(

People are underestimating how truly bad the bubble is this season. The Gophers won't coast in, but no one can even come close to naming enough at large teams to keep the Gophers out.

There are still a lot of games to play. This is not the same Gopher team that won some of those early games. We have many many holes in this line-up and the fact that these players do not have a sense of urgency is most troubling. Without 20 wins, we will be biting our nails on selection Sunday.

Does anyone think we are even close to a tournament team? We get out hustled, are soft on defense, do not have an offensive flow, and we just do NOT compete--even at HOME! We accept losing as a way of life, just like most the Gopherholers are are conditioned to expect, Minnesota is Loserville. What is going to change the rest of the way to break this cycle? We are a bubble team folks....

Doesn't change the fact that we weren't a bubble team at the time you made this thread, so your attempt at making yourself look smarter really really failed here.

if we lose to Illinois we will officially be a bubble team. I predict in Bracketology tomorrow we will be a #9 or #10 seed. That is not yet considered on the bubble.

9 or 10 is very much so on the bubble, bubble teams get put in the 8/9 game all the time.

Bubble team. If Nolen is not back, we will be judged on how we were without him. With no Nolen back and a 9 win B10 season, I say we are out.

9 or 10 is very much so on the bubble, bubble teams get put in the 8/9 game all the time.

No. It's really not. Bubble teams never get put on the 8 or 9 line that's flat out false. Even a 10 seed means there are at least 10 teams behind you. The bubble is not 'last 10 in' it's 'last 4 in' Remember there are now six 12 seeds, along with four 11 seeds, etc.

No. It's really not. Bubble teams never get put on the 8 or 9 line that's flat out false. Even a 10 seed means there are at least 10 teams behind you. The bubble is not 'last 10 in' it's 'last 4 in' Remember there are now six 12 seeds, along with four 11 seeds, etc.

The bubble is last 4 in according to who? Bracketology? The bubble has wayyyyy more than 4 teams I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

The bubble is last 4 in according to who? Bracketology? The bubble has wayyyyy more than 4 teams I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Generally the bubble is the last 4 in and the first r4 or 8 out, give or take. It certainly doesn't extend all the way to the 8 or 9 line. There's a huge difference between the #8 seed and the first four teams out. For example, the current #8 seeds include the Gophers and Utah State who are both ranked in the top 25. They were nowhere near the bubble at the time. Now we lost to the #1 team in America, that's not going to send us free-falling down the board all the way to an #11 or #12 seed, which is where the bubble is.

Generally the bubble is the last 4 in and the first r4 or 8 out, give or take. It certainly doesn't extend all the way to the 8 or 9 line. There's a huge difference between the #8 seed and the first four teams out. For example, the current #8 seeds include the Gophers and Utah State who are both ranked in the top 25. They were nowhere near the bubble at the time. Now we lost to the #1 team in America, that's not going to send us free-falling down the board all the way to an #11 or #12 seed, which is where the bubble is.

Well the fact is we're below .500 in our conference, and I find it very hard to feel completely confident in us making the tournament as long as that is the case.

Colt Rules

I have to ask our rules experts about the call on Colt in the first half.

Colt had the ball, back to the basket. Sullinger was defending him and right on his back leaning on Colt. Colt raises his arms and the ball up over his head and Sullinger flops like a duck shot out of the sky.

Not only do the refs call a foul on Colt but they check the replay to see if it was a flagrant elbow!

Can't a guy raise his arms up? Doesnt he get ANY space?

Colt seems like he his black balled by the refs.

Opinions?

LOL

I have to ask our rules experts about the call on Colt in the first half.

Colt had the ball, back to the basket. Sullinger was defending him and right on his back leaning on Colt. Colt raises his arms and the ball up over his head and Sullinger flops like a duck shot out of the sky.

Not only do the refs call a foul on Colt but they check the replay to see if it was a flagrant elbow!

Can't a guy raise his arms up? Doesnt he get ANY space?

Colt seems like he his black balled by the refs.

Opinions?

Too funny. I thought I was starting a new thread! :D

Oops.

The bubble is usually 11/12, especially this year with two more 11/12 seeds available. 9 is nowhere near the bubble.

The Gophers still aren't on the bubble, but can't afford any more bad losses.

Well the fact is we're below .500 in our conference, and I find it very hard to feel completely confident in us making the tournament as long as that is the case.

I understand your pessimism, but that does not currently make us a Bubble team unless you are simply forfeiting the Illinois game, etc. If today was Selection Sunday we would be in safely as a #9 or #10 seed, a good 10 spots away from the bubble.

I understand your pessimism, but that does not currently make us a Bubble team unless you are simply forfeiting the Illinois game, etc. If today was Selection Sunday we would be in safely as a #9 or #10 seed, a good 10 spots away from the bubble.

With current resume-probably in.
with current roster-probably bubble.

Is the Millions2spare an idiot? Looks like the team is on the bubble and falling to me...

Yes, let's look for props because the team that you "root for" lost. The team was on the bubble last year and the year before and still made it. We were in a much worse situation resume-wise last year. Look at our schedule. Assuming we don't lose another player, I'll check back in with you fools at the end of year.

Yes, let's look for props because the team that you "root for" lost. The team was on the bubble last year and the year before and still made it. We were in a much worse situation resume-wise last year. Look at our schedule. Assuming we don't lose another player, I'll check back in with you fools at the end of year.

+1

Did someone just try to give M2S credit for something?? I've seen post game meltdowns before, but this is just asinine.

without a point guard and some fight, I may revise my opinion and say they are a lock for the NIT.......I love the gophers but this team is hard to love

+1

Did someone just try to give M2S credit for something?? I've seen post game meltdowns before, but this is just asinine.

I've seen people refuse to admit when they were proven wrong before, but this is just asinine.

I've seen people refuse to admit when they were proven wrong before, but this is just asinine.

Haha wrong about what? When this thread started, the Gophers were in no way, shape, or form a bubble team. Sure, they looked bad, but plenty of good teams look bad. If the season ended today, the Gophers would probably still be in the tournament...probably as a 10 or 11 seed.

So yes. If you want me to say that I was wrong about thinking this team wouldn't drop 4 games in a row and become a bubble team, then yes, I was wrong.

Congratulations, the team that you apparently like is underachieving and playing poorly.

Top Bottom