Cashed Out

Minnesota is like most P6 schools.

Not a blue-blood...and not an Ohio State or Miami type that will bribe a kid away for a several-hundred-thousand dollar payment.

Plus we're a little behind. Been pretty bad since Haskins.
Translation-Mn can't.

It was frustrating watching the game, seeing Indiana's bigs in foul trouble and the Gophers jacking up and missing one 3 pointer after another. Three pointers going in have the effect of opening up opportunities for the bigs. When they don't go in just let them keep on shooting and clog the middle which is what Indiana did.

Obviously Payne was in considerable pain. He has been having back issues for quite a while and took a very awkward looking fall during the game. You could see him on the bench with some kind of back brace like apparatus on him. Garcia was hurting too. He has recently hurt his groin, ankle and recently his chest. That would explain his lack of aggressiveness on offensive side. The Gophers were also missing their most aggressive defender out with a concussion and now we just learned that Ola-Joseph may have been in concussion protocol too.

Hawkins tried to take over the game getting away from his strength and it just did not work. In order to get assists you need your bigs able take the pass and score. Your other shooters have to be able to actually have the ball go in the net. 5 for 26 ain't going to cut it. 10 for 26 and the Gophers win the game.

I know, I know; everybody hurts this time of year. Whatever. Ben's done a great jot this year. I have actually enjoyed watching them again for the first in years. I believe he is building something special.

I was ready to come back here today and eat some humble pie after being told that I was over reacting after 1 game, or that the dry heat was getting to me. I realize that Northwestern is a better team than IU, but a definite pattern is emerging from an effort/desire standpoint. I would have loved to been incorrect, but CBJ is not the answer.

Defense takes desire/will and a coach that is willing to hold his team accountable for effort. Case in point, look what the T-Wolves have done defensively YoY. I'll probably be told that I'm overreacting again, but how much longer are we willing to see this same story play out, game after game after game...

Stop making excuses for this coaching staff, it was a bad hire to beging with and it's not going magically click come Big 10 Tournament or Year 4.

definite pattern is emerging from an effort/desire standpoint.
This is surprising and really disappointing as we end the season.

I think most of us were feeling good because 1. We were winning / 2. The effort was there

The past couple of games, it's not just that we lost. We got hammered and didn't play hard. I don't like that sign at all for a head coach.

This is supposed to be your group that all comes back together and is ready to really compete for the NCAA tournament next year? I don't know man...

I was ready to come back here today and eat some humble pie after being told that I was over reacting after 1 game, or that the dry heat was getting to me. I realize that Northwestern is a better team than IU, but a definite pattern is emerging from an effort/desire standpoint. I would have loved to been incorrect, but CBJ is not the answer.

Defense takes desire/will and a coach that is willing to hold his team accountable for effort. Case in point, look what the T-Wolves have done defensively YoY. I'll probably be told that I'm overreacting again, but how much longer are we willing to see this same story play out, game after game after game...

Stop making excuses for this coaching staff, it was a bad hire to beging with and it's not going magically click come Big 10 Tournament or Year 4.
I don't see it as such a tragedy if desire was down for the Northwestern game. Immediately after being eliminated from any possible NCAA consideration.

The team has shown improvement and desire in most games.

Yours and others' calls for Ben's firing now is misguided. We should continue to improve greatly next year if everyone returns.

Top Bottom