Carrington injury watch thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This doesn't look good. Hopefully it's nothing, really hope he can have a full offseason of training and not rehab.

Go Gophers!!

Dude has potential because his jumper is nice but he needs to build his body. Way too fragile right now to handle Big 10 Basketball

Most true freshman aren't physically ready to compete, Payne is a rare exception of a guy with a college ready body right off the bat.
+1
This is why people need to pull back on their Christie expectations next year, Braeden is much more physically progressed and he still is not ready.

Braeden will be fine but am guessing his season is over, based on his reaction etc. Sucks because he had a great first half...

Pretty clear that it was another aggravation of his angle/shin/knee that's been plaguing him all season.

+1
This is why people need to pull back on their Christie expectations next year, Braeden is much more physically progressed and he still is not ready.
During the broadcast last night they pointed out that we have had 4 true freshman log over 20 minutes in a game, no other big ten team has had more than 2.

Obviously the hope is always that a kid can come in and be an impact player right away but it is rare when a true freshman is ready to go right off the bat.

Even Payne, who physically is close to where he needs to be to compete hasn't really started to come into his own until recently.

Getting back to the topic at hand, hopefully whatever happened to Carrington is something minor. Even if it costs him the rest of the season the important part is that it doesn't slow down his off season progression.

Braeden will be fine but am guessing his season is over, based on his reaction etc. Sucks because he had a great first half...

Pretty clear that it was another aggravation of his angle/shin/knee that's been plaguing him all season.
Judging by his reaction, he felt a recurrence of the same pain, probably a sharp pain. I'd be surprised if he isn't done for the year. I just hope it hasn't been aggravated worse than it was before.

I'm assuming with the sleeve he is wearing that it's a calf issue. Those are tricky. They can feel good when you stretch them out and then pop on you when you make a hard cut. Assuming it's similar to what KAT has going on.

I'm assuming with the sleeve he is wearing that it's a calf issue. Those are tricky. They can feel good when you stretch them out and then pop on you when you make a hard cut. Assuming it's similar to what KAT has going on.
Didn’t look like it was a result of a cut or any kind of contact. Just turned around after the ball rolled through his legs and went down in obvious pain. Hopefully not serious but weird things happen.

If it's similar to KAT, then Carrington may never play again. Of course, he's not collecting a big paycheck to rehab, so Carrington might have a little more incentive to come back. at this point, I don't think KAT really wants to play.

It looked on the replay that when coming down his foot landed awkwardly on the Rutgers player’s shoe and he was able to hobble off the court

Just watched the replay. He was in the hand shake line after the 4 day review of nothing. Hopefully that means nothing serious. Meaning if it was serious, they would probably have taken him to the doc. Maybe not, I don't know, but I'm trying to find something good.

For those who might not have caught it on the telecast, Carrington pounded the floor with his fist immediately after going down. This suggests he knew immediately what had happened.

And then after the final shot and during the ridiculous delay, Carrington could be seen in the bench area with a towel over his head and reddened eyes, as if in tears. I would be surprised to see him again this season. Presuming it's a calf injury, they take forever and can linger.

Just watched the replay. He was in the hand shake line after the 4 day review of nothing. Hopefully that means nothing serious. Meaning if it was serious, they would probably have taken him to the doc. Maybe not, I don't know, but I'm trying to find something good.
He may have gone to the hospital, had surgery and come back during the review though....

Top Bottom