Captains

John Galt

Reaction score
Long-time GopherHole follower, 1st time poster. Hopefully my grammar will be ok.

Any news on who the captains will be this year? Is Kill's approach to select them himself or does the team vote?

Getting excited for another new era of Gopher football...

Thanks

I don't know how many captains there will be but I would be shocked if Royston is not one of them.

Kill has praised the leadership of Bennett and Royston. I could see both of them getting the nod. If a third captain is named, that would be a wild card. I don't hear Kill mention Kirksey. Maybe he'll throw a bone to Gray.

Kill has praised the leadership of Bennett and Royston. I could see both of them getting the nod. If a third captain is named, that would be a wild card. I don't hear Kill mention Kirksey. Maybe he'll throw a bone to Gray.

I've read and heard him talking up Rallis all spring and summer. Strong possibility.

It will be some combination of Bennett, Royston, Rallis and/or Gray. I haven't heard how and when they will be selected.

I wouldn't be shocked if Adam Lueck is the special teams captain. Kill has praised Lueck quite a bit this Fall, he's a hard working kid and it sends a message that every single player is important in building this program...that includes a guy who only holds the ball on FG/PAT attempts and provides leadership to the young QBs.

Go Gophers!!

Long-time GopherHole follower, 1st time poster. Hopefully my grammar will be ok.

Any news on who the captains will be this year? Is Kill's approach to select them himself or does the team vote?

Getting excited for another new era of Gopher football...

Thanks

Who is John Galt?
:clap:

It will be some combination of Bennett, Royston, Rallis and/or Gray.

Agreed.

I think Kirksey might be out of the mix. Don't think he and Kill got off on the right foot

is it weird that it is so close to GAMEDAY and we don't know the captains?

I dont know when they usually announce the captains but I read something that PSU has voted but they arent releasing who the captains are until this Thursday. So I wouldnt think it is that weird that we don know yet but again I am no expert on this.

Would Coach Kill possibly be thinking along the lines of Jacque Lemaire and use rotating captains?

Could be the people that have shown the best leadership during the week of practices leading up to the game, something like that.

From Phil Miller's live chat:

"Phil Miller: Kill said he doesn't plan to name any right now, and maybe not until after the season.

Phil Miller: Who goes out for the coin toss, I don't know."

In the Phil Miller web chat Phil mentioned that Kill doesn't know when he will name captains, might not be until the end of the year. He also mentioned he doesn't know who will go to midfield for the coin toss.

This is a lot different compared to the Brewster captain routine where they could be seen long before the season, in calendar/screen saver photo shoots.

Kill has talked repeatedly about not knowing the character of someone until their back is against the wall. Since he has only known these players for 9 months, he may feel that he hasn't seen enough of them yet to name anyone a captain and wants to see how they handle adversity during the season.

Top Bottom