can't wait for this guy to step on the field!

Gopherdiehard

I take it that you like Melvin Holland.

The guy looks fantastic - he runs very very well. I can't wait to see him either. Suddenly WR looks like a strong suite for the Gophers.

The guy looks fantastic - he runs very very well. I can't wait to see him either. Suddenly WR looks like a strong suite for the Gophers.

Don't jinx it. We thought the same thing when McDonald and Harbison committed.

For the future? Sure. I'm not convinced a group of true sophomores and freshmen will develop quick enough to be good this year though. I still think our passing game is a year away. Hopefully I'm wrong.

he looks like a good possession receiver in a couple years.

No such thing as a jinx, luck averages out over time. Skill and good performance make their own breaks, and this guy has got it. This kid is a better prospect than either Harbison or McDonald. He has the advantage of an excellent family structure too, which is likely to translate to toughness of character over time (sorry, but it is true). I have a feeling... All B10 by Sophomore year, All America Senior, and then Pro. Melvin Holland Jr will kick ass! JK is raising the bar with recruits like this.

The QB in that highlight video throws a nice ball. Anybody know where he might be going?

Trace Mcsorley, Penn State as an athlete, he seems much faster than Melvin Holland. Probably runs a sub 4.45. High 3 star. I would take him over McKinsey or Streveler. Their other receiver is a Penn State commit as well for 2015. Was temporarily ranked the #1 WR in the country and they have 2 other D1 WR/RB guys as well. Just a loaded team at the skill positions.

For the future? Sure. I'm not convinced a group of true sophomores and freshmen will develop quick enough to be good this year though. I still think our passing game is a year away. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I worry we are still a QB away as well.

I always come back to the fact that if you don't/won't/can't block effectively as a WR, you won't play for Coach Kill or Limey. Of the incoming WR's, Holland is the strongest/most physically ready to block in the B1G & also his LB background (i.e. He's physical) should help get him on the field early.

Haha - His nickname is "Gunpowder".

Top Bottom