Can Smith recruit?

Otis

Reaction score
So the tea leaves and Doogie seem to think we are hiring Craig Smith. Good choice from his results!

He has done well at South Dakota and Utah State! Awesome!

But can he recruit B1G quality players?

Anyone?

Anyone who's been accused of having an unfair advantage in his conference on account of a player he recruited...can recruit.

This program has lacked shooting and glue guys, my hope is that Smith understands those two facets coming from the MWC. Everyone is so focused on the MN high end high schooler, for good reason, but the recruiting failures go well beyond that.

that will certainly be the big question. As was said before....they go hard after foreign players. 3 of the 4 guys they signed last year were that. That is always a huge gamble. will be interesting if they will continue to do that here. And will be interesting on who of his assistants he takes along with him

he seems to find guys that fit what he wants and that can buy into what he wants. Thats huge....

but yes! as others have said! find some shooters!!

Did he have the Dauminator at SDSU as well?

Never mind he coached at Vermillion.

Some people here have said we should take his success with a grain of salt because he had the dominating player Queta on his USU teams.
And we should vacate our games that Bobby Jackson played in because he was too good. Oops. I guess we did.

He knows how to play with less than the optimum number of players too from his HS days at Stephen-Argyle and their 9-man football team.

So the tea leaves and Doogie seem to think we are hiring Craig Smith. Good choice from his results!

He has done well at South Dakota and Utah State! Awesome!

But can he recruit B1G quality players?

Anyone?
Can Dutcher, Niko, or Ben Johnson do it? I’m more interested in identifying players that fit what we do. Kids will come if they know where they fit and will get developed

Can Dutcher, Niko, or Ben Johnson do it? I’m more interested in identifying players that fit what we do. Kids will come if they know where they fit and will get developed
Agree. Wisconsin isn't tearing it up recruiting yet they have a good system in place and as a result are near the top of the conference every year. I don't need 5* guys just get me guys who buy in, play hard, and get better.

Agree. Wisconsin isn't tearing it up recruiting yet they have a good system in place and as a result are near the top of the conference every year. I don't need 5* guys just get me guys who buy in, play hard, and get better.
Exactly and once it’s built you get a Decker here and there.

Anyone near Stephen? That can go into the local café and find out if Craig is coming home?

Smith not the splash hire that PJ was.....not sure if he is going to create the momentum needed to get the kids in the transfer portal to stay or to recruit our number one minnesota target. Would probably be as successful as Tim miles was at Nebraska and hopefully good enough for 500 in the B1G.

Smith not the splash hire that PJ was.....not sure if he is going to create the momentum needed to get the kids in the transfer portal to stay or to recruit our number one minnesota target. Would probably be as successful as Tim miles was at Nebraska and hopefully good enough for 500 in the B1G.
If Smith is not a splash, what is Ben Johnson?

Top Bottom