Can Morgan throw 40 yards?

Unless my sarcasm meter is broke....Are you trying to be a ******?

Conservatively he threw from midfield and the ball was caught at the 5. It was somewhere between 45-48 yards in the air pretty effortlessly.

View attachment 6267
View attachment 6268

I don't think Tanner is some savior but should be able to get the job done just fine.

I’m withholding judgement until the resident expert on throwing more than 40 yards gives his thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a couple throws that were 50-55 in the air. One of them was the drop in the end zone by Bateman against GSU. I can’t remember when the other one was. Who knows what his max is, but those throws didn’t look difficult for him.

Since Morgan lead the nation in completion percentage on throws over 20 yards, isn’t this all a moot point?

Rewatched the game and am happy to report that Morgan’s throw to Johnson in the 4th quarter went about 43 yards in the air.

Thanks for posting this. I chuckled after that throw (thinking about this very thread). Didn’t take time to rewatch until now. UM 20 to the AU 37.

Thanks for posting this. I chuckled after that throw (thinking about this very thread). Didn’t take time to rewatch until now. UM 20 to the AU 37.

And he didn't seem to be straining either. Amazing that a QB with a noodle arm can be as effective as he has been all year. :) This thread was good for a laugh though, those early season announcers who made it sound like he was barely able to throw a football were true morons.

Yes, Tanner Morgan can (easily) throw 40+ yards.

But... after watching the Vikings-Saints game yesterday, I'm not sure Drew Brees can throw 40+ anymore.

Maybe he's still suffering from the thumb injury...

But... after watching the Vikings-Saints game yesterday, I'm not sure Drew Brees can throw 40+ anymore.

He's got plenty if time to heal now ;)

So Tanner Morgan >>> Drew Brees

[I said:
"GopherWeatherGuy, post: 1882372, member: 6793"]
So Tanner Morgan >>> Drew Brees[/I]

Ha! Another faithful KFAN listener? Dan Cole, cultural icon...

My point was this: If Brees can re-write the NFL record book, win a Super Bowl, and make himself into a certain first-ballot Hall of Famer without having a cannon arm, I don't think we need to worry too much about how far Tanner Morgan can throw a football.

And... Brees' success also should put to rest anybody's fits of anxiety regarding Morgan's lack of height.

That being said, this thread has been a lot of fun!

Ha! Another faithful KFAN listener? Dan Cole, cultural icon...

My point was this: If Brees can re-write the NFL record book, win a Super Bowl, and make himself into a certain first-ballot Hall of Famer without having a cannon arm, I don't think we need to worry too much about how far Tanner Morgan can throw a football.

And... Brees' success also should put to rest anybody's fits of anxiety regarding Morgan's lack of height.

That being said, this thread has been a lot of fun!

Brees is a great comp for Morgan in a lot of ways but he is still the exception and not the rule in terms of how QBs are built and the skill set they have in the NFL.

Morgan's lack of height shouldn't really have concerned anyone in regards to his ability to play at the college level, but it will absolutely work against him when teams are evaluating him for the next level.

Should help ensure we have him driving the offense for the next two years assuming he stays healthy or nobody rises through the ranks and takes his job.

Brees is a great comp for Morgan in a lot of ways but he is still the exception and not the rule in terms of how QBs are built and the skill set they have in the NFL.

Morgan's lack of height shouldn't really have concerned anyone in regards to his ability to play at the college level, but it will absolutely work against him when teams are evaluating him for the next level.

Should help ensure we have him driving the offense for the next two years assuming he stays healthy or nobody rises through the ranks and takes his job.

I agree with the bolded part (unfortunately).

But Brees, Russell Wilson, and Kyler Murray may represent the beginning of a 'wave of enlightenment' in NFL circles. It might not happen overnight, but the undeniable success stories like those of the players I mentioned will (eventually) change minds.

Brees, especially, is a great comp for Morgan, as you mentioned.

One thing TM has going for him is toughness and durability. He played every game and almost every snap. The season would likely have been much different had he gotten hurt and not been able to play. Several times he was banged up and limping but he stayed in the game.

Top Bottom