Can Manziel last the season, let alone the next three?

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
Seems like public trouble is finding it's way to the reigning Heisman Trophy winner.

Young fame can be a curse.

He left the Manning Passing Camp early, due to "illness," but methinks it was to prepare for this court hearing to plead guilty on the 2012 charges.

I wish him well, but he needs a little better guidance. Yeah, kids do stupid things, but his bad press is creeping up on his good. I don't see him staying in college after this season, for good or bad.

Sounds like Daddy is TOOOOOO involved. With no discipline. Will end up pissing a lot or most down his leg. Probably off to jail.

Seems like public trouble is finding it's way to the reigning Heisman Trophy winner.

Young fame can be a curse.

He left the Manning Passing Camp early, due to "illness," but methinks it was to prepare for this court hearing to plead guilty on the 2012 charges.

I wish him well, but he needs a little better guidance. Yeah, kids do stupid things, but his bad press is creeping up on his good. I don't see him staying in college after this season, for good or bad.

I believe the incident last year was before the season and his popularity. With that said, I'm already sick of the kid.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Next thing you know, Manziel is going to be stealing iPhones out of the locker room.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Seriously, if flaking out on a summer camp is the worst thing he's done all year, I'm pretty sure he'll be fine.

If this keeps up the only things he'll have to worry about are A) whether NFL teams looking for QB drop him down their boards over this sort of thing and B) what fans think. And I doubt B worries him much.

I mean, I think the kid is insanely self centered. But so was I when I was in college. If this is the extent of his bad behavior then he and the world will be fine in the long run.

Everything will be just fine for him. It is a rather large microscope to be under being at that age. We all have growing pains. I do not see any problem.

He left a camp before it was over?

Oh heavens no!

ESPN will have a 30 minute special with a bunch of "experts" dissecting the issue.

Well, not everyone can be the shining example of the previous Heisman winner.

Didn't OJ win the Heisman too?

I also heard that the reason he left the camp was that he got hammered, and was too hung over the next day to participate - but claimed he was "dehydrated." Not the first time there have been stories/rumors about him partying too much.

I also heard that the reason he left the camp was that he got hammered, and was too hung over the next day to participate - but claimed he was "dehydrated." Not the first time there have been stories/rumors about him partying too much.

He's a college student, I was far from sober in college. It is what college students do.

I'm sorry, but the "walk in my shoes" tweet after a parking ticket made it pretty clear that he isn't looking very far past himself. Especially when the extra media attention is self inflicted (no one is forcing him to tweet pics of him living the high life). Again though, he's a young kid. It doesn't make him a punk. It makes him immature. Most of us were that once too.

I think Johnny is currently doing a good job answering many of these questions on his own at the SEC media days.

Live on ESPN3, and I'm sure the interviews will be rerun on all sports media nonstop for the next week.

Top Bottom