Can Curry come back next year????????

Don't get your hopes up. Not happening
lol okay. I don't think it will either, but none of us know yet.

I'm impressed by your confidence after being proven wrong about something you appeared completely certain about. Most people would back off of definitive statements about that topic after that, but not you. Still just as confident as ever. Good for you.

lol okay. I don't think it will either, but none of us know yet.

I'm impressed by your confidence after being proven wrong about something you appeared completely certain about. Most people would back off of definitive statements about that topic after that, but not you. Still just as confident as ever. Good for you.
Thanks

Doesn’t he want to coach? He could come back as a grad assistant…

Again...God bless him, but it's time to move on.

We're not getting anywhere we want to be with Eric Curry-level talent logging significant playing time.
22-23 season should be very different in the front court. Meaning if Curry were to come back it would probably be in a much more limited role off the bench as opposed to his current role as a starter and key piece of the front court due to injuries.

We're not getting anywhere we want to be with Eric Curry-level talent logging significant playing time.
Good correction from the earlier post. Curry at this point in his career would be a great 12-18 minute guy. He's smart, defends decent, and doesn't hurt you. Offensively he's a good screener and passer. If we want to be top 1/2 of the B1G though he cannot be our starter.

Hopefully, next year Johnson has a chance to upgrade the bigs. As for this year? Thank goodness "Eric Curry-level talent" was available. You actually think that him being on the court somehow limited the development of Thompson and Daniels?

22-23 season should be very different in the front court. Meaning if Curry were to come back it would probably be in a much more limited role off the bench as opposed to his current role as a starter and key piece of the front court due to injuries.
If a guy plays at all in year 7, he has to at least be ceremonial starter for opening tip.

Hopefully, next year Johnson has a chance to upgrade the bigs. As for this year? Thank goodness "Eric Curry-level talent" was available. You actually think that him being on the court somehow limited the development of Thompson and Daniels?
Curry is clearly good enough to log minutes on a good team. Can a team be good if Curry is one of the only competent post players? Absolutely not. Could Curry log minutes on an NCAA caliber team? Absolutely.

If Curry is one of your better players, you're in trouble. That doesn't mean getting rid of him makes you better.

I think Curry likely moves on next year and I wouldn't mind seeing that scholarship go towards another portal transfer but he wouldn't be a terrible use of a scholarship. He is competent, his scholarship only lasts 1 more season, and he could split time with Thompson and Payne at the 5.

1) This thread is about next year.

2) Did I say anything about this year, other than "God bless him"?

Why would any of you want Eric Curry to come back next year.. please let the guy move on. I want a five man that can protect the paint and rebound.

Fair enough. But the point others are making is that if Curry were to be back in a reserve role next year it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. If we have to count on him to be one of our top bigs next year, that would be disappointing. But if he is just a role player who can come in and log some quality minutes that would be a different story.

Top Bottom