calling out section 212 row 23

Go4

Reaction score
we must have the most lame fans in the country. i witnessed a group of older fans start telling fans around them to sit down ON THE FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME! Then on third downs throughout the game they kept asking fans in front of them to sit down. they even started yelling at people to sit down on big plays and third downs. good for the people for standing up to them. i didn't hear what was all said, but these fans should call into brewster's show tomorrow and ask if he wants people sitting on big plays or standing.

Very Odd Today

Didn't see it Go4 but am not surprised.

I'm in Row 24, up and over from Maverick and ButchNashGuy...probably to the right of BleedGopher. I'm the nut with a beard yelling "Go Gophers" on practically every Bucky, Cal, and Air Force down. I've also adopted yelling "rah" loudly after every Rouser as my personal mission in gameday life. Mrs. Billd was not there today, but we'll both be ready for Boiler Pete on Saturday.

It was like "Invasion of the Gopher Snatchers" or something today. Folks in seats willing to raise hell on 3rd downs in the previous games were quiet today. In fact, fans were reluctant to stand at all in 212.

What I don't know is if we've had a change in folks attending from non-conference to today. Fact is, I've had different people sitting in Row 23, Seats 10-13 for every game. Maybe these seats belong to a scalper...but even the guy next to me was scratching his head about the change in demeanor in the section.

I hate to think we're already sunshine fans in TCF...the sun shines and we're vocal...no sun or worse and there's nothing offered.

Go Gophers! Beat Purdue!

Yea, the "down in front" crowd was out in full force and it was the first time I've heard them in our section. I hope it's rotating tickets or something because that type of philosophy can't last.

Despite what row 23 thought today, TCF Bank Stadium is NOT the Guthrie!

Bring on Boiler Pete!!!

Go Gophers!!

I think it started that way and then changed later in the game. Our section has been pretty good so far on my end.

Yep

Same thing in 236.

That is absolutely pathetic. Sitting on third down. I would tell those so called fans to f-ck off. What kind of fans do we have?

Seems silly to go to a sporting event and be surprised that people were standing up. Were they old or infirm or something?

Section 212, Row 6 here. Not sure what is going on behind us (other than the folks in row 7 which are great, stand when we stand), but the stadium as a whole today seemed off as you guys have stated... lets hope that the boilers get a different welcome.

Go Gophers! Beat Purdue!

Hey OLD PEOPLE Shut the Hell up!!! If you want to sit on your keister, stay the hell home!!! Give your seats to someone who can actually raise their voice beyond a whine. Yet another problem with this program. Get your butts to a game in the ACC and SEC, those people stand for the ENTIRE fricking game. Losers.

I recall this exact thing happening during the first play of the Air Force game (Section 219, Row 1). I just turned around and shot an incredulous look back in the general direction of the shouting at us. They finally gave up after a few series.

To hell with these people. Pathetic.

I'm in 212, row 21 and I didn't hear any complaints about sitting down. I did notice that more people sat than usual. I attribute it to the weather and I'm HOPING that days like this clear out some of the lukewarm fans. I've got an extra pair of tickets in 206 that I'd love to move over to 212 for when my kids are old enough to enjoy the game.

212 row 14 and those around us were good about standing per usual...although it was certainly easy to see the section as a whole was off its game a bit. Hopefully this will change starting next week.

I like to stand as much as the next guy

I like to stand and cheer as much as the next guy. The older couple behind me has never asked me to sit down. They are neat people. For the most part they watch the big screen. The older gentleman has a three prong can and tries to stand when he can. He is a real gamer. So for his sake I sit when I can but they have never asked me to sit down. I turn around give them high fives on all the good plays. They seem to enjoy that.

Even worse than standing\not standing, 212 row 1, 3 young Badgers buddies with 3 Gopher friends.

Section 105, Row 3 here. Some folks three rows back kept asking us to sit down. We ignored them. If you're going to sit in the lower level on the goal line, you'd better dang well be prepared to stand up for most of the game. You can actually be a factor in the game.

On another note, when we arrived about 45 minutes before kickoff, I began playfully mocking Bucky and the Badger cheerleaders. No swearing or anything and it was all in good fun. One of them promptly went to a police officer who then came over and told me to knock it off. I kind of thought such banter was part of the gameday experience. Disappointed in that.

Top Bottom