bye week

DuluthGopher

Reaction score
I know we haven't been playing well, especially on offense, but I think not having the bye week in our schedule is hurtnig us. Normally we would have one right around now, which would allow the guys to regroup a little, and work on some things. I think it would really help with Gray. It would let them work on things with thim that he needs to improve to play more. I know its just another excuse as to why we arent playing great, but i do think it would help if we had one this year. We also dont know who is playing hurt, which would allow them to get healthier. I know this means nothing, but i just had to share my thoughts.

It does mean that someone in G-dom might have been...

asleep at the switch when it came to lobbying for a bye-week at BT HQ!

The conference is going to change this soon. Our bowl performance in the last few years has sparked a lot of conversation around the B10 schedule. We're the only major conference to finish the season when we do. Teams can play non-conference games after, like Illinois and Wisconsin this year - but obviously you have to find teams to play you then - and most teams are still playing conference games.

In my mind here are some reasons why the season needs to be extended.

1) Other conferences get national exposure the weeks after when the B10 isn't playing
2) A bye week would help the body recover during the season
3) A week during the fall semester to perhaps spend a couple more hours studying
4) Not as much of a layoff between the end of the season and the 15 allowed bowl practices = less rust
5) Big ten teams getting passed late in the season in the rankings because they didn't play a game and another team won. As we all know, rankings impact the BCS.

How about removing two full games from the schedule? That would really help teams like us. The more games, the more it benefits teams with depth.

The season is waaaay too long. It's ridiculous.

I agree that they should play longer. Looks like the BT doesn't start the conference schedule until the first weekend in October for the next few years leaving a week open after the 4 non-cons usually. Although the bye week next year falls on Nov 20 for the Gophs.

Big 10 teams should not have a bye week until there is a conference championship game. And I am of the opinion that we need both.

I know we haven't been playing well, especially on offense, but I think not having the bye week in our schedule is hurtnig us. Normally we would have one right around now, which would allow the guys to regroup a little, and work on some things. I think it would really help with Gray. It would let them work on things with thim that he needs to improve to play more. I know its just another excuse as to why we arent playing great, but i do think it would help if we had one this year. We also dont know who is playing hurt, which would allow them to get healthier. I know this means nothing, but i just had to share my thoughts.

I think we do have a Big Ten bye week, it's just that we're playing SDSU during it.

Top Bottom