Bye Week Plans

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
What are the plans for everyone during the bye week? Any games you're looking forward to?

Some things I'm interested in watching:
  • Minot State Vs. Minnesota State University Moorhead. Graduated from Moorhead so I'll be watching the Dragons game.
  • No Time to Die, the new James Bond film coming out, planning to see that this weekend.
  • No. 6 Oklahoma Vs. No. 21 Texas. Red River Shootout, should be a good one. Oklahoma is the better team but Texas has pulled upsets, 2013 and 2015 being examples.
  • No. 13 Arkansas Vs. N. 17 Ole Miss. Good SEC match-up.
  • Nebraska Vs. No. 9 Michigan. Two things can happen here. Huskers play Michigan tough and Frost seems to be turning the corner. Or, Michigan puts a beat-down, looks to be Harbaugh's year and Frost's seat gets hotter.
  • No. 4 Penn State Vs. No. 3 Iowa. Biggest matchup this weekend. Hoping to see Penn State knock off the Hawkeyes. If not, I wouldn't mind Minnesota being the one to do it in November. Spoil a perfect season.
  • UCLA Vs. Arizona. Good ole PAC-12 After Dark.

Driving up to Brrrrmidji for a bit of grouse hunting...

Watching Ia /Penn State. According to the DMR, first time since 1999 that two top 5 teams in The B1G have played each other - not involving tOSU. Hoping Ia kicks Franklin’s butt even worst than Maryland. Just makes the Gopher win that more impressive.

I’ll be attending a short course: “Precise Medical Diagnostics Via Instrument-Free Visual Observation”.

Watching Ia /Penn State. According to the DMR, first time since 1999 that two top 5 teams in The B1G have played each other - not involving tOSU. Hoping Ia kicks Franklin’s butt even worst than Maryland. Just makes the Gopher win that more impressive.
Interesting. I did some digging and it looks like there's been a lot of Top 15 match-ups, but usually only one team has been consistently in the Top 5 and it's the Buckeyes. Here are some I found since 99.
  • 2002, No. 8 Michigan Vs. No. 13 Iowa
  • 2003, No. 13 Michigan Vs. No. 10 Purdue
  • 2003, No. 9 Michigan State Vs. No. 11 Michigan
  • 2004, No. 12 Purdue Vs. No. 13 Michigan
  • 2005, No. 10 Penn State Vs. No. 14 Wisconsin
  • 2010, No. 13 Iowa Vs. No. 10 Wisconsin
  • 2011, No. 13 Nebraska Vs. No. 9 Michigan State
  • 2011, No. 7 Wisconsin Vs. No. 8 Nebraska
  • 2015, No. 12 Michigan Vs. No. 7 Michigan State
  • 2016, No. 11 Wisconsin Vs. No. 7 Nebraska
  • 2019, No. 13 Wisconsin Vs. No. 11 Michigan
  • 2019, No. 8 Minnesota Vs. No. 12 Wisconsin

I won't be watching the Vi-Queens. Maybe watch the Nebbie game, and then watch the Nebbie Corn Nation guy eviscerate the Huskers with corn oil post-game somewhere in SW Minnesota.

Nebraska looks good. But, I'd love for Nebbie to lose in two weeks just to get a post-game Corn Nation rant. Poor guy, he is spewing his guts in Minnesota of all places. I have a bad feeling about the upcoming Nebbie game. I hope I am proven wrong. I'd drink a couple of beers if I could with Jon Johnston in his shed.

Last edited:

I'll be having a rare weekend in fall where I'm not stressed out about football (I don't follow NFL very closely).

gonna be mostly football free over here aside from Friday night @ Cold Spring.

Saturday family bouja gathering, Sunday Severms fall festival with mini man. Should be relatively chill.

I mowed all the acreage this week already.

Think I'll probably sleep in...

Probably will be enjoying the new roof, gutters, and complete exterior paint job that all gets finished on Thursday on our 100-yr old house.

Of course, next is to wash the 32 window sashes and storms as the next project...probably starting on Saturday...

Going to New England to reprise our honeymoon of 32 years ago. Not sure if she knows the bye week was part of the trip's timing. Be back for Nebraska!

Going to New England to reprise our honeymoon of 32 years ago. Not sure if she knows the bye week was part of the trip's timing. Be back for Nebraska!
Thought I read somewhere that keeping things from your spouse is the key to happiness. Maybe I have it backwards?

Congrats man!

Just bought one. The Menards special died, so I bought a replacement. Yes I wish that money went elsewhere.
Did you go with battery or gas? I’m looking at new ones but my 10-yr old menards special won’t die.

Did you go with battery or gas? I’m looking at new ones but my 10-yr old menards special won’t die.
I'm waiting for my 20-something Craftsman to die so I can get one of those new, quiet e-mowers. That way I'll be able to actually hear my neighbors complain about me supposedly going over the property line instead of watching them stand nervously on their deck with their stink eyes gazed upon me as I move closer to their yard.

I just started a 75 day eat clean/read 10 pages a day (non-fiction)/workout for at least 30 min/no alcohol/drink water only challenge

my weekend is going to suck

I just started a 75 day eat clean/read 10 pages a day (non-fiction)/workout for at least 30 min/no alcohol/drink water only challenge

my weekend is going to suck
Holy Shit!!! I would die a horrible death if I tried that.

Although in all honesty, it would be the best thing for me. Good luck.

Top Bottom