Buyout Contribution

Silvio

Reaction score
Many posters on this board want Brewster out today and the Athletic Department run like a big time school (Maturi gone also). At most "Big Time" schools boosters cover the cost of the buyout. So how much of your money are you willing to contribute to the Athletic Department to see Brewster out the door?

Go Gophers! Beat USC on Saturday!

Many posters on this board want Brewster out today and the Athletic Department run like a big time school (Maturi gone also). At most "Big Time" schools boosters cover the cost of the buyout. So how much of your money are you willing to contribute to the Athletic Department to see Brewster out the door?

Hindsight20/20 should be willing to pony up, go try him.

The rest of us are hoping for a W on Saturday, not worried about chipping in 10 bucks for a tiny buyout the U can easily afford. The next coaches' salary on the other hand may be more difficult to pay for.

I should clarify, I believe that Brewster salvage the season and until Saturday had many positives in building up the program. I think that improvement can be shown to get him to a fifth year, where wins and losses will be the only measuring stick. My original post was hoping to show that some posters want a "Big Time" college progam here but are not willing to contribute to make the U a big time program.

My Father has donated a lot of money to the U in the last ten years and he is extremely upset about the state of the football program and will only donate again towards the removal of Brewster and or/ the contribution of money towards a new coach. Believe me, the boosters and heavily contributing alumni are in absolute agreement upon this. They have a lot of sway whether it should be admitted or or not, and really no matter what happens the rest of the season they are going to be pushing heavily for the removal of Brew with all the power that be. Shall be interesting.

Look, the buyout's more than reasonable. Getting rid of Brewster isn't the problem. I won't contribute to a buyout, but trust me, I'll throw in a couple of hundred bucks to see a worthy candidate in here, and I'm not too rich right now.

JackiO,

Have they been in agreement since Saturday or for a longer period of time?

My Father has donated a lot of money to the U in the last ten years and he is extremely upset about the state of the football program and will only donate again towards the removal of Brewster and or/ the contribution of money towards a new coach. Believe me, the boosters and heavily contributing alumni are in absolute agreement upon this. They have a lot of sway whether it should be admitted or or not, and really no matter what happens the rest of the season they are going to be pushing heavily for the removal of Brew with all the power that be. Shall be interesting.

My dad is stronger than your dad...

Every season ticket that is not renewed is essentially a negative contribution toward the buyout. If a buyout is what is needed, it's cheaper than the alternative.

Correct in theory, wrong in practice. You don't fund one time/special expenditures from operations. You fund that through the boosters. By logic then we would have to hire a coach for $200,00 less than we are paying Brewster assuming no change in season ticket renewals.

That's one thing about rich and powerful people; they love to get laughed at and ridiculed by their rich and powerful friends who went to other schools.

Look, the buyout's more than reasonable. Getting rid of Brewster isn't the problem. I won't contribute to a buyout, but trust me, I'll throw in a couple of hundred bucks to see a worthy candidate in here, and I'm not too rich right now.

+1000

I would gladly contribute $500 to a new coach (when the proper time comes) as long as they are a marquee coach.

I don't pretend professing my contribution amount on a message board has any more validity then me thinking I can fire the coach in the first place.

However I don't want to deflate anyones sense of self worth, so I'll contribute an undisclosed amount, but here is a clue

__It__s_over_9000___zone_by_Oiracul.png

That's one thing about rich and powerful people; they love to get laughed at and ridiculed by their rich and powerful friends who went to other schools.

The one thing that bothers him the most is the UW alumni he has to deal with, so there is some truth to that.

A oil change costs money, but it costs more not to change your oil.

Im a Badger fan, and I would throw in $500 towards a new coach.

Top Bottom