BTW WITHIN REACH!!!

Stan

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

Uh, we are the Gophers. 0 chance.

I just hope we make a bowl game.

Until we close out games we should win, stop posting this shit.

Had we won today, that would have been within reach, despite a loss to Ohio State. One remaining high note - we may have defeated both Iowa and Wisconsin in the same year. Could still happen.

Had we won today, that would have been within reach, despite a loss to Ohio State. One remaining high note - we may have defeated both Iowa and Wisconsin in the same year. Could still happen.
Beating Iowa and Wisconsin in the same year, - when they’re both on their backup QBs
- when you also lose to Illinois (Bielema) and Northwestern
- when you don’t win the West
…beating both is just not that satisfying.

No worries.
We beat Purdue.
Either Rutgers or Illinois beats Iowa.
Wisconsin beats Nebraska.
Nebraska beats Iowa on Black Friday.
Keep the Axe and we go to Indy!

I mean, yeah, "sadly" that is completely within the realm of possibility.

Feels like Iowa "should" lose to either Rutgers and/or Illinois. They damn near lost to NW. Could easily see Wisc over Neb, and then Neb over Iowa (though probably not Iowa losing out the last three ... but just need two).

So, a 7-5 team (in a non-covid year) is the "champion" of a division and a "worthy" opponent for 12-0 Mich or Ohio State?

I guess ....

Man the West sucks this year. Somehow, it's still tough to see us backing into winning it.

I mean, yeah, "sadly" that is completely within the realm of possibility.

Feels like Iowa "should" lose to either Rutgers and/or Illinois. They damn near lost to NW. Could easily see Wisc over Neb, and then Neb over Iowa (though probably not Iowa losing out the last three ... but just need two).

So, a 7-5 team (in a non-covid year) is the "champion" of a division and a "worthy" opponent for 12-0 Mich or Ohio State?

I guess ....

Man the West sucks this year. Somehow, it's still tough to see us backing into winning it.
We have a chance to play Michigan again and lose by 70 this time?

How about PSU knocking off Michigan in Happy Valley, then Michigan beating tOSU? Plausible scenario resulting in a 3-way tie for first in the East. I have no idea how the tie-breakers would play out there.

Yes, Penn State certainly on the same level as those. All three are elite programs.

Honestly I’m not gonna piss and moan if we don’t win the west. The prize is a beat down at the hands of either Michigan or Ohio State. Just get bowl eligible and add another W if we can and hope for the best bowl game.

I agree quite honestly.

Best outcome at this point is to beat Purdue, keep it respectable against Ohio State, beat Wisconsin, and somehow Iowa escapes with the West to get the beatdown in Indy.

We beat them this year, so that's good enough for me.

Still hope for a Music City Bowl bid. Win that, 8-5. Move on

No worries.
We beat Purdue.
Either Rutgers or Illinois beats Iowa.
Wisconsin beats Nebraska.
Nebraska beats Iowa on Black Friday.
Keep the Axe and we go to Indy!
You forgot that now Illinois is in the mix. If they win out they have the tie over us.

You forgot that now Illinois is in the mix. If they win out they have the tie over us.
Actually I didn’t forget about Illinois. It’s true they could still finish 5-4 and have the head/to-head tiebreaker on us (same as NW). But it would in all probability be a multi-team tie which favors us, as a couple of our losses will be outside the division.

Top Bottom