BTN: Minnesota uses 'Dramatic Gopher' vs. Wisconsin

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

By now, you’ve probably seen the “Dramatic Gopher” YouTube video. Only six seconds long, the brilliant video has more than 2.3 million views. The number should only increase after the Wisconsin-Minnesota game on Saturday. That’s because Minnesota used the little guy, twice, to taunt Wisconsin kicker Jack Russell.

It worked once (missed 38-yard FG) and it didn’t work the other time (made 20-yard FG). Nothing can work 100 percent of the time, right?

Either way, this was a fantastic idea and excellent execution.

A Minnesota spokesperson said the team had the “Dramatic Gopher” ready to go since the Big Ten opener vs. Iowa, however Saturday was the first time an opponent attempted a field goal facing the video board.

Don’t worry, the team said it expects to continue using the “Dramatic Gopher” in the future.

Go Gophers!!

thought this was fantastic. hopefully the student section can get it going on the other end of the field with some signage or something. i think it'd be a pretty great tradition to get going.

Unless I missed it, I was disappointed we didn't use the "We don't need no stinkin' badgers" video!

There was a lot of laughter around our section when they uncorked "dramatic look" prior to those kicks. The stadium staff has really begun to get their act together. Lots of humor, good music, and the experience in the stadium has become a lot more fun thanks to their efforts. It sure doesn't hurt to have a crowd in a good mood, cheering on a much improved team. But overall I feel like they are starting to nail the little things like this "dramatic look" for opposing field goals. My kids always look forward to the music/dancing between the 3rd and 4th quarters too.

Even the badger fans around us thought it was pretty funny.

The picture of that was the #1 picture on imgur Sunday morning.

Top Bottom