BTN: Led by Frank Solich, Ohio is no pushover at 3-0.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Ohio (3-0) at Minnesota (2-1) – 3:30 p.m. ET, BTN/BTN2Go.

It’s Homecoming in Dinkytown! That’s always fun. But, it will be even more fun if the Golden Gophers can blow out the Bobcats. This maligned offense needs a big game. Minnesota couldn’t run vs. Kent State. Not good. The Gophers had 44 carries for just 104 yards (2.4 yards per carry). QB Mitch Leidner has become a lightning rod and took a step back on Saturday when he threw for a season-low 184 yards and also tossed his first two picks. Led by Frank Solich, Ohio is no pushover at 3-0. The last time Ohio played a Big Ten team on the road was in 2012, when it won at Penn State in the season opener.

http://btn.com/2015/09/23/week-4-big-ten-previews-welcome-to-the-final-week-of-non-con/

Go Gophers!!

If Ohio were in the B1G, I'd place them ahead of the following teams: Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, Purdue & Illinois.

Solich is a solid coach and this will be a very good game.

FWIW: Ohio beat Marshall 21-10...Marshall beat Purdue in West Lafayette 41-31

I'm looking forward to this game against Ohio because their going to come in thinking the Gophers are a pushover because Ohio beat Marshall on the road and Marshall beat Purdue, and they Minnesota barely beat Kent State. The same for the rest of the games, a lot of people will look at Minnesota the rest of the season and say "Oh yeah they only beat Kent State by a score of 10-7 and Kent State is no good." So A+B equals, must be that Minnesota is no good and a pushover. That will be the conclusion of a lot of people, maybe not coaches, but it will be a badge the Gophers will continue to wear and fans and opponents will continue to underestimate us. Alums and opposing fans from Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin already think Minnesota stinks at work, because of the Kent State game, so I will let them wear that smugness the rest of the season.

When you have a good defense the other side has to find a way to beat it. That is not an easy task, and will not be for any opponent.
I like our chances that we will improve more on offense and that our defense will be continue to be hard to beat. Having a defense that is STOUT and is hard to beat gives you a chance to win every football game. If our defense continues to have that lock it down mentality the Gophers are going to be a tough out for everyone on our schedule. We can beat teams 9 to 6 if need be.

I'm looking forward to this game against Ohio because their going to come in thinking the Gophers are a pushover because Ohio beat Marshall on the road and Marshall beat Purdue, and they Minnesota barely beat Kent State. The same for the rest of the games, a lot of people will look at Minnesota the rest of the season and say "Oh yeah they only beat Kent State by a score of 10-7 and Kent State is no good." So A+B equals, must be that Minnesota is no good and a pushover. That will be the conclusion of a lot of people, maybe not coaches, but it will be a badge the Gophers will continue to wear and fans and opponents will continue to underestimate us. Alums and opposing fans from Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin already think Minnesota stinks at work, because of the Kent State game, so I will let them wear that smugness the rest of the season.

When you have a good defense the other side has to find a way to beat it. That is not an easy task, and will not be for any opponent.
I like our chances that we will improve more on offense and that our defense will be continue to be hard to beat. Having a defense that is STOUT and is hard to beat gives you a chance to win every football game. If our defense continues to have that lock it down mentality the Gophers are going to be a tough out for everyone on our schedule. We can beat teams 9 to 6 if need be.

I highly doubt Ohio will be coming to Minnesota expecting a pushover game. If they do we will blow them out of the water. Folks are forgetting that just a few weeks ago we had the ball left with a chance to drive the field and beat the #2 team in the nation. We also have one of the best defenses in the country and a coaching staff everyone in college football respects.

If we lose, who's gonna start the "FIRE KILL AND HIRE SOLICH!" thread?..

No way no how

If we lose, who's gonna start the "FIRE KILL AND HIRE SOLICH!" thread?..

Nope, we will all be celebrating a Gopher victory for homecoming on Saturday. Everyone grab an oar as TK used to say, cause this Gopher boat is just getting going.

FWIW: Ohio beat Marshall 21-10...Marshall beat Purdue in West Lafayette 41-31

Crap. This means Ohio would beat Purdue 50-10. Since we barely beat Purdue last year I am thinking we lose 45-14. Crap.

Crap. This means Ohio would beat Purdue 50-10. Since we barely beat Purdue last year I am thinking we lose 45-14. Crap.

It also means yours chances of winning the lottery are better than your possible football betting earning capiblities. :cool02:

If I recall correctly, a genius said that Ohio U. was the best college football team in Ohio. Thus, how can the Gophers possibly hope to win?

I'll reserve my judgment until after this game. Our offense has a lot to prove...

If I recall correctly, a genius said that Ohio U. was the best college football team in Ohio. Thus, how can the Gophers possibly hope to win?
No, that genius said Toledo was the best team in Ohio.

Top Bottom