Brody Fox in the Portal—Grad Transfer

I've never seen him play but from his highlight tapes, he looks like a smaller version of Parker Fox.

A ton of his points are from dunks and transition. He has more rebounds than assists and I can't find a box score where he hit a 3 point shot. So I'm not sure if that kind of play from a guard really translates to D1, but he does seem genuinely athletic (not just more athletic than D3 guys).

On the plus side, he's had some nice games against D1 teams.

NDSU - He had 26 points and 8 rebounds
Milwaukee - He had 20 points and 3 rebounds

UND last year (as a SO) - He had 14 points and 2 rebounds.

I've never seen him play but from his highlight tapes, he looks like a smaller version of Parker Fox.

A ton of his points are from dunks and transition. He has more rebounds than assists and I can't find a box score where he hit a 3 point shot. So I'm not sure if that kind of play from a guard really translates to D1, but he does seem genuinely athletic (not just more athletic than D3 guys).

On the plus side, he's had some nice games against D1 teams.

NDSU - He had 26 points and 8 rebounds
Milwaukee - He had 20 points and 3 rebounds

UND last year (as a SO) - He had 14 points and 2 rebounds.
6 of 21 year on 3’s this season
27 games this year
Over 18 field goal attempts per game.
Only half joking; if Ben wants to insure (or ensure?) Parker comes back for another year….

Last edited:

I instinctively thought as a guard with that many points, he could shoot the three. I guess not. I think that position needs to shoot the three.
Yeah, that is my initial impression.

But others have made a good point about Stamper and Sutherlin. Some of this depends upon his ability to defend and to handle the ball/pass/move without the ball. If we are getting a sort of junk yard dog from the guard position, it's not the word thing in the world. We do get some of that with Carrington now, but I'm all for adding grit to our bench.

I instinctively thought as a guard with that many points, he could shoot the three. I guess not. I think that position needs to shoot the three.
Maybe he is good at driving and attacking the basket rather than floating around the 3pt line? If he can do that and defend I wouldn’t have a problem offering him. Getting to the rim from most of our guards is lacking.

Sounds like he can drive hard to the basket. Can he play defense?

He is 72% from FT which is lower than I would like but better than I thought it might be. He has attempted 254 free throws this year which if he was Division I would rank as the 2nd highest in the nation, behind Zach Edey (299) and one ahead of PJ Haggerty of Tulsa and Vonterius Woolbright of Western Carolina (both tied with 253). Interestingly those guys are both guards shooting 26% from 3PT.

I like Parker Fox so much I would welcome Brody with open arms if brother said he is worth a spot and 5-10 minutes per game.

He is 72% from FT which is lower than I would like but better than I thought it might be. He has attempted 254 free throws this year which if he was Division I would rank as the 2nd highest in the nation, behind Zach Edey (299) and one ahead of PJ Haggerty of Tulsa and Vonterius Woolbright of Western Carolina (both tied with 253). Interestingly those guys are both guards shooting 26% from 3PT.

I like Parker Fox so much I would welcome Brody with open arms if brother said he is worth a spot and 5-10 minutes per game.
I agree eker0016...if he is anything like his brother I want him on the Gophers next year. The more Foxes the better!

I am sure that the Fox brothers would love to play together but it will probably come down to what kind of situation the younger brother is looking for. Don't know much about him but guessing odds are he wouldn't be a Big Ten level regular so if he wanted to come here it would need to be in a bench role. Maybe that would appeal to him, maybe it wouldn't. Guess we will see what happens once the season is over.

6 of 21 year on 3’s this season
27 games this year
Over 18 field goal attempts per game.
Only half joking; if Ben wants to insure (or ensure?) Parker comes back for another year….
insure/ensure. underrated humor there. I think in this case it would be ensure. A good chance I'm wrong though.

Top Bottom