Bring on Middle Tennessee State!

RodentRampage

Reaction score
And now the wait begins, 7 months until the season starts. It's like being told the coffee will be ready... in 7 months. So we have the Spring Game to tide us over for a little while. But other than that, no football until then, unless you count the new incarnation of the Arena League (Arena Football 1) or the Indoor Football League. I might make to with that, it's sort of like drinking the dregs of the coffee pot.

Maybe The U could sponsor an alumni flag football team, they could travel around the state, playing games against local teams. Might be a good way to promote the U.

Maybe I'll have to get a video game system (my last one was stolen, but since I had a fence installed to the alley, no more problems) so I can play Gopher games. On the other hand, the current NCAA football doesn't have TCF, and playing in the Metrodome isn't so appealing.

Middle Tennessee State is a pretty darn good football team. They went 10-3 last season (with their only losses coming against Clemson, Mississippi St., and Troy).

I'm excited for the game as well.

Yep, Gopherhole get the countdown banner running! It's gonna be a great year!

Maybe I'll have to get a video game system (my last one was stolen, but since I had a fence installed to the alley, no more problems) so I can play Gopher games. On the other hand, the current NCAA football doesn't have TCF, and playing in the Metrodome isn't so appealing.

They at least put us outside in a generic stadium, but yeah, it's a full bowl so you can't even get the "horseshoe" experience. NCAA 2011 will indeed have TCF Bank Stadium, however. Hopefully the game is at least a slight improvement.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/09/23/ncaa-football-10-creating-the-university-of-minnesota-stadium.aspx

They at least put us outside in a generic stadium, but yeah, it's a full bowl so you can't even get the "horseshoe" experience. NCAA 2011 will indeed have TCF Bank Stadium, however. Hopefully the game is at least a slight improvement.

That annoyed me, it would have taken no more effort to give us a generic horseshoe than to give us a generic bowl. I'll have to talk my wife into a PS3. She's a cheapskate, and generally that's a very good thing, but sometimes... :)

I haven't played the game in some time. One thing that annoyed me is the unrealistic way people instantly stopped running once they crossed the goal line. A tiny thing, I know.

That annoyed me, it would have taken no more effort to give us a generic horseshoe than to give us a generic bowl. I'll have to talk my wife into a PS3. She's a cheapskate, and generally that's a very good thing, but sometimes... :)

I haven't played the game in some time. One thing that annoyed me is the unrealistic way people instantly stopped running once they crossed the goal line. A tiny thing, I know.

Yeah, momentum and physics are not this game's best friend, to say the least lol.

I believe '09 changed that. You can run around and celebrate with a teammate or the mascot.

Top Bottom