Bring back Mason

I see Letsgogophers ran away screaming like a little girl and has not returned to his post since he made this post. Sissy boy!

I see Letsgogophers ran away screaming like a little girl and has not returned to his post since he made this post. Sissy boy!

Read my post above that actually has some facts in it, rather than name calling. You can love your dearest Brewster. He did such a great job routing SDSU and Iowa to end the season. And I doubt he can coach himself to a win over a 500 Iowa State team. But, it doesn't matter because he's so much better than Mason. Will you still be saying that after another insight bowl loss?

You Mason haters need to face the facts, Minnesota should have never fired him..At Kansas he took over a poor team and led them to seasons of 6-5, 8-4, and 11-2 seasons and a top 10 ranking in all the polls. At Minnesota, he took us to seven Bowl games, and seasons of 8-4 and 11-2. Do any of you honestly think that Brewster can come close to what Mason did? Brewster has changed coordinators, what? Five times? His game management is a joke and he apparently doesn't know the truth from a lie. If this is the best we can do in Minnesota, it's a sorry day. Can anyone say that Mason didn't know how to coach?

Um, try checking some of those facts before you post next time.

You Mason haters need to face the facts, Minnesota should have never fired him..At Kansas he took over a poor team and led them to seasons of 6-5, 8-4, and 11-2 seasons and a top 10 ranking in all the polls. At Minnesota, he took us to seven Bowl games, and seasons of 8-4 and 11-2. Do any of you honestly think that Brewster can come close to what Mason did? Brewster has changed coordinators, what? Five times? His game management is a joke and he apparently doesn't know the truth from a lie. If this is the best we can do in Minnesota, it's a sorry day. Can anyone say that Mason didn't know how to coach?

11-2? I don't remember that happening. Mason knew how to coach... in the first half. He also demonstrated an incredibly unique ability to prove we're the better team, then be afraid of the other team and lose leads. You wanna talk about someone's game management being a joke? I don't care if Brew wastes a few timeouts or has some dumb play calls, nothing can be worse than the way we played when Mason was our coach. He did have a great talent for bringing teams to mediocrity, but no higher.

Followed up the 10-2 at Kansas with a 4-7. Then we took him off their hands.

Read my post above that actually has some facts in it, rather than name calling. You can love your dearest Brewster. He did such a great job routing SDSU and Iowa to end the season. And I doubt he can coach himself to a win over a 500 Iowa State team. But, it doesn't matter because he's so much better than Mason. Will you still be saying that after another insight bowl loss?

Here are some facts for your "great coach":

Mason vs Wisky: 2-8 solid work Mase
Mason vs Iowa: 4-6 awesome

Big Ten Record: 32-48
Non Conf Record: 64-57

If you consider these records "great" well i guess your probably his dad trying to build your son up!

Yes, Brew's winning percentage is a lot lower then the .500 mark mason left us, however mason didnt leave any talent and didnt give a crap about recruiting.

This last thing always annoys me, how can a coach lead a team for as many rushing yards a game and lose? wouldnt you consider the idea of 200+ rushing yards a game to clock control and physically destroying teams? and when we had games where we had 300+ rushing and lost...how the hell is that eve possible? how can any coach give up 28 points in the 4th quarter? and then later give up 31 in the 4th quarter? these numbers are sound ridiculous and somehow that was mason football! go keep mason, just keep him away from minnesota-the guy was terrible

Here are some facts for your "great coach":

Mason vs Wisky: 2-8 solid work Mase
Mason vs Iowa: 4-6 awesome

Big Ten Record: 32-48
Non Conf Record: 64-57

Brewster:
vs. WI: 0-3
vs. Iowa: 0-3

B10 record: 6-18

He should have beaten Wisconsin twice, but couldn't get it done. IMO the lack of rivalry wins will be his downfall if the overall record doesn't improve.

Brewster:
vs. WI: 0-3
vs. Iowa: 0-3

B10 record: 6-18

He should have beaten Wisconsin twice, but couldn't get it done. IMO the lack of rivalry wins will be his downfall if the overall record doesn't improve.

all i have to say about the whole iowa deal is mason started off pretty good vs iowa but when ferentz was hired and made it through his first 3 seasons, he led iowa to owning minnesota. mason wasnt left a whole lot from wacker, but mason didnt leave anything for brewster. sure they went to a bowl game the year before but the cupboards were bare when brew arrived! for someone to talk about how much better of a coach mason was then brew is stupid. really they have been the same guy if you go by the records. brew 6-18 big ten mason 32-48 whats the difference other than mason was given a real shot and some of the negative nancy's think brew is a terrible coach? i dont get it...someone needs to tell me the difference!

as for wisky-we have had some bad bounces and i think its going to change real soon with those drunks

There is zero evidence brew is a good coach, BUT he is a really good recruiter so I think that we should give him 2 more years. However there is strong evidence that Mason was an average coach who could only recruit third level Ohio players, and he also created terrible relationships with local hs coaches because of his arrogance.

So which is better?

There is zero evidence brew is a good coach, BUT he is a really good recruiter so I think that we should give him 2 more years. However there is strong evidence that Mason was an average coach who could only recruit third level Ohio players, and he also created terrible relationships with local hs coaches because of his arrogance.

So which is better?

you could say there is zero evidence brew is a good or bad coach...the jury is still out...lets say we go 4-8 next year-i think its safe to say he is a bad coach. if he goes 9-3 its safe to say he knew exactly what he was doing and he very well could be a good coach. im one to say we dont know yet, but what we do know is mason was a very bad coach when it came to the big ten. you can argue but the record proves that to be true!

Top Bottom