Brewster on the Sports Huddle

I am a Brewster supporter, but Leach is a slam dunk, if we could land him, well I wouldn't blame the U for making that move.

There could be some issues with Leach here though. He is a very dominant and outgoing personality. Brewster seems to have rubbed our administration the wrong way, could you imagine how they would feel about Leach? If we got him, we better win and we better win soon, or else the admin and the local media will turn on Leach in a hurry.

The people who are worried about us being able to recruit kids to come to MN, well, I don't think that's a problem. Purdue was able (under Tiller) to recruit kids that fit that system and we already recruit Texas and Florida pretty well. Quality WR's and QB's will be drawn to anywhere Leach coaches. If you can recruit kids to move to Lubbock you can get kids to come to the Twin Cities.

Lastly, (this point could be similar to the first point), but Leach does seem to have some issues with being bigger than the University. He says whatever he wants (fat little gfs) and acts however he wants (James thing). I do think the entire James thing is overblown, but it was still stupid and probably not a great selling point to recruits and tax payers (who would be paying his enormous salary).

Sportsfan24 - your analysis is awesome.

You should be a sports writer, I would buy any newspaper that carried your stories. I also had the same questions about the CB's playing so far off the line and your comments make complete sense. It was good to hear your positive comments about the schemes, etc...

So much better than the negative babble we get from the "media". When will they learn that we are starving for this info and who ever delivers it will be a star.

Sportsfan24 - your analysis is awesome.

You should be a sports writer, I would buy any newspaper that carried your stories. I also had the same questions about the CB's playing so far off the line and your comments make complete sense. It was good to hear your positive comments about the schemes, etc...

So much better than the negative babble we get from the "media". When will they learn that we are starving for this info and who ever delivers it will be a star.

Thank you for your kind comments. It's sad to say but I do not see the sports media improving any time soon on the local seen. Local sports media members are more concerned with putting money in their own pockets. They capitulate to sports franchises to get play-by play jobs, coverage contracts and access to coaches and players. Unfortunately learning their craft ranks low.

If you want great sports coverage and analysis you may consider investing in satellite radio. They have shows like the NFL network and Rival radio which does a great job covering college football all year round. Sportnews also has a great web site in addition to it's by-weekly magzine.

Top Bottom