Brewster on 1500 ESPN

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Coach will be on with Reusse at 1:00 p.m. today.

Brewster....

Hope he addresses the off-field crap going on. At this rate I wonder if we can have a decent team for the spring game.:confused:

The players are fully aware of the consequences of making bad choices/decisions. Yet some continue to ignore the conditions and put their scholarship and status on the team at risk. If Brewster needs to clean house, take his lickings and put his job on the line, so be it and he will have my support.

Reusse is out until 2:00, so the interview will be at 3:00 (?) with Pat and Joe. (it could be 2:00, but I'm pretty sure I heard 3:00)

Off subject but Souhan is on right now and he's high on Travis Mays from USC for the Vikings pick. Wow...talk about a dark horse. I thought Taylor Mays was a good player at USC 2 years ago, but had a drop-off from last year.

I know it was probably just a slip of the tongue (probably, maybe), but it just goes to show you the "knowledge" of the writers so many people get their college football viewpoint from. Sorry to end in a preposition like that.

He's on now.

Still waiting. Ruesses is talking about food. Imagine that.

Now Ruesse said it will be after the 3pm news break.

I don't even want Taylor Mays much less Travis Mays.

Mays is an athletic freak, but he never stood out in coverage at the college level. I think he might end up being a slightly more athletic Michael Boulware (stuck between SS and OLB). Additionally, the Vikes have decent young S (Williams, Johnson, and even that Abdullah kid).

Nothing new from Brewster
+Not sure of the crowd. Hope weather noy an issue.
+Players will appreciate the players competing
+ST's not live. #1 O vs #1 D
+After Spring game Continue in weight room, summer conditioning 6/12 -aug 5
+Brewster has a great job and loves what he does
+Early JUCO's:Shawn Ferguson DT, nice job. Eurie, Lewis moved to SS
+Royston: docs optimistic will be ready for first game
+LB's: Rallis-Most impressive, 225-230,very smart and competitive; Maresh, Tinsley, Cooper, Hill
+

I really wish that the interview could have been done by a Gopher football follower/fan. I am glad Brew was on, but the questions were so generic and bland.

Brew was polite, but he had to spend more time talking about the NFL draft than the 2010 Golden Gophers.

Nothing new from Brewster
+Not sure of the crowd. Hope weather noy an issue.
+Players will appreciate the players competing
+ST's not live. #1 O vs #1 D
+After Spring game Continue in weight room, summer conditioning 6/12 -aug 5
+Brewster has a great job and loves what he does
+Early JUCO's:Shawn Ferguson DT, nice job. Eurie, Lewis moved to SS
+Royston: docs optimistic will be ready for first game
+LB's: Rallis-Most impressive, 225-230,very smart and competitive; Maresh, Tinsley, Cooper, Hill
+

Ferguson is not a JUCO. He did a year at a prep school post HS. Not sure how that works though.

Prep School is treated just like HS. He has full eligibilty.

After the Travis Mays comment Souhan also mentioned the troubles of Roethlisberg. Then Soucheray talked about not knowing who Ndamukong Suh is.

You can expect quality sports talk from these guys. I hate to say it, but Reusse seems to be the only one that actually pays attention to sports.

Commas misplaced there - Lewis and Eurie both had good camps and just Lewis to safety

MV's blog posting today of "20 questions for Sat about the Defense" mentioned two walk-ons I'll be looking at tomorrow. Freshman Joey Balthazor and transfer Kyle Henderson. I hadn't heard of either of them prior to the posting by MV, but they are currently in the 2 deeps. I asked someone whose very familiar with the program and was told Henderson has been in the 2 deep rotation all Spring. He's been backing up both both Collado and Carter. They must feel Ok about him, having moved C. Lewis to S... Can he contribute and be a surprise addition to the secondary depth? What will we do if Tinsley doesn't come back and Maresh gets injured...or something? Who else could play MLB?

MV's blog posting today of "20 questions for Sat about the Defense" mentioned two walk-ons I'll be looking at tomorrow. Freshman Joey Balthazor and transfer Kyle Henderson. I hadn't heard of either of them prior to the posting by MV, but they are currently in the 2 deeps. I asked someone whose very familiar with the program and was told Henderson has been in the 2 deep rotation all Spring. He's been backing up both both Collado and Carter. They must feel Ok about him, having moved C. Lewis to S... Can he contribute and be a surprise addition to the secondary depth? What will we do if Tinsley doesn't come back and Maresh gets injured...or something? Who else could play MLB?

Reeves is apparently at MLB (according to Brewster today).

After the Travis Mays comment Souhan also mentioned the troubles of Roethlisberg. Then Soucheray talked about not knowing who Ndamukong Suh is.

You can expect quality sports talk from these guys. I hate to say it, but Reusse seems to be the only one that actually pays attention to sports.

Reusse surprised me today. I expected him to start to needle him but he didn't. And after Brew hung up he talked about how he thought Brew was full of bluster when he first came here, and didn't like the fact that he referred to Gopher Nation, but he seems to now understand that with Brewster, it is not an act and that is, in fact, who he is. It almost seemed like he wanted to give him a chance. Refreshing, but I fear it will be short lived. I hope Reusse doesn't fall into the easy trap of running with the herd when the first thing starts to go wrong.

Top Bottom