Brewster bans KFAN interviews for Players and Coaches

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Anyone listening to this on KFan? Why would Brewster do this? It's one of the largest forms of media in the Twin Cities. It seems like a lot of exposure the team will miss out on. Regardless of what people think of the station, it is a huge part of Minnesota sports. Barreiro will have a field day with this.

Anyone listen to the FAN this morning

So PA opened his show this morning by saying he can't have Kevin Cosgrove on his program because Brewster says none of his coaches or players can come on the station because of the way the program is treated. Give me a break, that is so petty. I know people hate the FAN, which is also really dumb, but this is absolutely thin skinned thing to do. Think about it the FAN has the Fargo Flash on every week, they do gopher FAN line every Saturday for 2 hours after the game. I don't even think CCO does that. They have even have Jack Brewer on PA every week. This just looks so whiny. The reason why they are trying to get players and coaches on the FAN is because the GOPHER fans are e-mailing and asking them to get these people on the station.

Sorry just very mad about this and I know a lot of people on here will agree with Brewster. SO. DUMB.

I agree, it looks incredibly thin skinned.

There's a station called KFAN in the Twin Cities? This is news to me.

PA is probably full of BS as usual.

Congrats Brew....coming off the positivity of last week and a top 10 team coming to town, KFAN is guaranteed to talk about the Gophers during every show today.

Maybe Minnesota Morris needs a new tight ends coach....won't have to worry about anyone talking to you or your players.

BREW'S A MAN....HE'S 40+!!!!!!!!

I don't buy it. PA getting his Gopher "facts" mixed up again.

I think the same people who listen to KFAN read Reusse. I guess coming from another state my standards are higher for sports media.

I think this is a mistake. It will make KFAN WORSE. Remember Denny Green's bunker or his Barreiro boycott? In the long run, it is worse.

I agree this is a mistake. Brewster tends to be smart in the areas of recruiting/image/promotion but I think this is a rare mistake on his part.

I think the same people who listen to KFAN read Reusse. I guess coming from another state my standards are higher for sports media.

Exactly. Minnesotans don't know what they're missing in regards to legitimate sports media. KFAN is the worst sports station I've ever heard. I wouldn't want my players talking to someone as ignorant as PA, either.

Congrats Brew....coming off the positivity of last week and a top 10 team coming to town, KFAN is guaranteed to talk about the Gophers during every show today.

Unfortunately it will be not about the game at all anymore.

I agree this is a mistake. Brewster tends to be smart in the areas of recruiting/image/promotion but I think this is a rare mistake on his part.

Yep, he needs to reverse course on this immediately. The Gophers don't need KFAN, but they also don't need KFAN upping the ante by antagonizing the program any more than they already do.

I love the FAN but don't read Ruesse. What category can you put me in now Jike and Monk?

I think PA, while generally clueless about Big 10 and college football, usually spins a positive light on Gopher Football having Jack Brewer on. Common just pledged his new allegiance to Gopher Football and loved the first game, and the morning show has guests all the time like the Fargo Flash to talk Gopher Football. The only really perpetual negative tone comes from Barreiro, but he is negative about everything! Whether you like the Fan or not, this will hurt the Gopher's in the general public and casual fan's eyes.

I don't believe it!

Koko doesn't talk gophers, he only talks vikings.
This is purely made up by the Ilovethebarn!

I think PA, while generally clueless about Big 10 and college football, usually spins a positive light on Gopher Football having Jack Brewer on. Common just pledged his new allegiance to Gopher Football and loved the first game, and the morning show has guests all the time like the Fargo Flash to talk Gopher Football. The only really perpetual negative tone comes from Barreiro, but he is negative about everything! Whether you like the Fan or not, this will hurt the Gopher's in the general public and casual fan's eyes.

Agreed

Brewster is acting like a child. Idiotic decision.

He is stooping to their level. KFAN is pitiful, especially PA...if anything, restrict the players from talking to that moron. The coaches? They can fight their own battles.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I wouldn't just jump and assume all this is true.

Wasn't Eric Decker just on not too long ago?

I disagree. Taking a stand against the constant negativity is something that Gopher Fans have been asking for.

Agree 100% with Brewster

PA (Koko) is absolutly clueless about college football and could care less about the gophers, I would be OK with having the coaches on KFAN but try to find a show that is at least a little bit interested in what actually is happening with the football team.
My guess is management is wanting Koko to do this rather then himself.

I disagree. Taking a stand against the constant negativity is something that Gopher Fans have been asking for.

It is definitely not constant negativity. I listen to the Fan all the time and they have just as much good press as bad press.

I love the FAN but don't read Ruesse. What category can you put me in now Jike and Monk?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a Vikings fan. I'd imagine they have pretty good coverage of the local NFL team. Unless you want to tell me you tune into KFAN for your Gopher sports information.

I'm guessing it has something to do with last week. I heard that Brew had the players locked down to focus on the TCF opener last week. Could be just some sour grapes from KFAN towards Brew and the Gophers. Must be a slow day in the sports world today.

Top Bottom