Brew says "22" kids should be in this class?!

I guess the question is

whether 22 includes Gray, Maresh and Reeves.

I think Gray and Maresh are included in that #.

Something doesn't add up tho. 18 commits, 2 transfers, 3 kids admitted that weren't from the 2008 class. No matter how you mix and match what you might think Brew is talking about you either end up with to many or IF he's including the 3 then he's leaving one out or were losing a commit...Just a thought. Coach's don't usually use prior year commitments to another class. If you listened to his interview he said last year we had 31 commits an this year should be at 22. Just saying...I think were in for an interesting day tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure Brewster has already gone on record that he's expecting/hoping for a couple more commits for tomorrow in addition to the 18 that have already committed. Then add the two transfers and that's 22. Whether he gets those two commits he's hoping for or not....we'll find out tomorrow.

The transfers do not count against this year's class. Royston does not get a scholarship because he transferred from another Big Ten school, and Carufel was part of last year's class, not this one.

Here is my stab at matters, based on the grid I keep updated. Just a note - if a guy who was a walk on is now showing up as being on scholarship, it's because some media somewhere said that he was. Whether or not they remain on scholarship more than 1 year I'm not sure of, I just have to keep my ears open.

http://robb.dominodeveloper.net/robb/gopherroster.nsf/RosterFB

Schollies, prior to Wills signing: 64
Add Wills, who has already signed: 65
Add one more JC recruit, Carpenter: 66
Add 15 H.S. kids: 81
Add Maresh, Reeves & Gray: 84

15 HS kids = Alipate, Allen, Campion, Garin, Gregory-McGhee, Hageman, Keise, Lewis, Lipscomb, Michel, Olson, Orseske, Searcy, Singleton, Watkins,

Rengel is going to grayshirt, so he will not count towards part of this class. Also as I mentioned above, Carufel and Royston do not factor into this years numbers. That would leave 1 more schollie available, which may be going to Carter?

Also, keep in mind that Brewster may be able to over-sign by a couple if he thinks that there will be non-qualifiers. It's also possible that at least one of Gray, Reeves and Maresh could be counted towards last years class (I really don't know), and it's possible that a scholarship-walkon from last year was on a 1 year deal, which could open up more.

My guess is that the 22 includes Gray, Maresh, and Reeves. So one unexpected.

Here is my stab at matters, based on the grid I keep updated. Just a note - if a guy who was a walk on is now showing up as being on scholarship, it's because some media somewhere said that he was. Whether or not they remain on scholarship more than 1 year I'm not sure of, I just have to keep my ears open.

http://robb.dominodeveloper.net/robb/gopherroster.nsf/RosterFB

Schollies, prior to Wills signing: 64
Add Wills, who has already signed: 65
Add one more JC recruit, Carpenter: 66
Add 15 H.S. kids: 81
Add Maresh, Reeves & Gray: 84

15 HS kids = Alipate, Allen, Campion, Garin, Gregory-McGhee, Hageman, Keise, Lewis, Lipscomb, Michel, Olson, Orseske, Searcy, Singleton, Watkins,

Rengel is going to grayshirt, so he will not count towards part of this class. Also as I mentioned above, Carufel and Royston do not factor into this years numbers. That would leave 1 more schollie available, which may be going to Carter?

Also, keep in mind that Brewster may be able to over-sign by a couple if he thinks that there will be non-qualifiers. It's also possible that at least one of Gray, Reeves and Maresh could be counted towards last years class (I really don't know), and it's possible that a scholarship-walkon from last year was on a 1 year deal, which could open up more.

you keep a grid!

Nerds.jpg

haha. I can only take half-nerd credit for this. I only maintain it; I didn't program it!

Don't rip the guy...

Everybody needs a hobby!

I'm guessing we might get 1-2 kids in addition to what we have. Remember a lot of kids change their minds on the actually day( Phil Haig,the other QB that went to toledo,and also Tyrone Carter)

i get a little nerdy myself sometimes

trekkie_inspirational.jpg

I'm guessing we might get 1-2 kids in addition to what we have. Remember a lot of kids change their minds on the actually day( Phil Haig,the other QB that went to toledo,and also Tyrone Carter)
I think Phil Haig would've been here had we not stolen Brewster from Illinois. However, I must say that I have not been able to enjoy signing day since Tim Brasic burned us. I still have nightmares! :eek:

Haig has had an interesting career. He was told by Mason that he would be the only QB in the class, then Brewster came in and after he got his son to commit, Haig probably felt he had no chance against "the coach's son." So he took the spot vacated by Brewster.......but then he ended up quitting the team anyways.

However, he ended up playing baseball for the Illini and even got the win vs. the Gophers in a relief appearance last year. I guess it all worked out for him in the end, but not in the way he thought....

Ha- the guy who went to Toledo is Travaris Cadet. Where did Tyrone Carter switch from? That was before my time following recruiting, though I did have 3-4 classes with him one year. He showed up to nearly every class and was so quiet and polite you would have never known he was a star. There was actually a bigger star in one class I remember- that dude who's friends put an ad in the paper for him to get married and then he married some random girl at the MOA. It was a big story at the time.

That was a motley crew: Handsome Pete, Tyrone Carter, the guy who married the random girl at the MOA.

EDIT: Here is the story! Those two crazy bastards are still together: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25121427/

GI.com the premium board has a thread "GI adds two more" I don't have a membership but I hope someone else does that can fill us in!

Didn't Maresh start classes this spring....therefore he would be considered part of last year's class? Giving us 22 for this year?

Top Bottom