Brew: "I have no interest in any other job..."

“I have had no contact regarding the position,” Brewster told Sports Headliners. “I haven’t spoken to anybody. I have no interest in any other job besides the University of Minnesota.”

The last sentence is false, but the other 2 sentences are right because technically Brewster hasn't spoken to anyone ... he had others call Lew Perkins/Kansas for him.
Did you miss this part of the story:

In answering questions about how the rumors may have started, Brewster said it wasn’t possible that anyone representing him officially or as a friend might have contacted Kansas officials without his knowledge.

I did miss that part ... from what I can gather, an agent in Tom Condon's office was contacted by Brewster a couple weeks ago and was asked to find out if KU had any interest (when it looked like Mangino was going to be fired). Mack Brown also was asked to make a call on his behalf.

I did miss that part ... from what I can gather, an agent in Tom Condon's office was contacted by Brewster a couple weeks ago and was asked to find out if KU had any interest (when it looked like Mangino was going to be fired). Mack Brown also was asked to make a call on his behalf.

Mean the job that Brewster was a finalist for or was ESPN just throwing something out there without any substance?

Why don't you accept Doogie's invite. If you are going to continue to take pot shots at him atleast do it to his face.

It's easier for everyone here to hide behind a keyboard.

Today's pi$$ing contest goes to Bronko and doogie.

isn't that why you have an agent. to promote you and keep your name out there. this is business as usual being turned into a big turd pile by people with more imagination than skill or common sense.

He had a falling out with Gary O'Hagan following his signing of the five-year deal and didn't have representation for a while.

I have to add that in additon to Maturi's quotes, the fact that Joe Shad supposedly indicated Brewster is one of the 4 finalists suggests there was substance to the rumors. Not that ESPN is always accurate, but if this was nothing more then a search firm innocently raising his name, it wouldn't have had this much legs. You don't make it to the final 4 candidates without having spoken to them. Therefore, it seems far more likely to me that Brew is hiding behind 'I've never had any contact' type quotes which is probably technically accurate but not really the truth. Tubby never had any contact with MN until the day before he was hired. That doesn't mean the groundwork wasn't 90% done.

It seems like you are really trying to make something out of nothing. Brewster's name came up for a coaching vacancy, Maturi said something, Brewster said he is not interested in Kansas. End of story, move on. I don't understand why people think this is so bad? It happens every year, coaches names come up for vacancies, what about Bobs stoops name coming up at Notre Dame? Do Stoops and Oklahoma have to be done now?

I quit listening to the Fan a few months ago, what does Gaardsy possibly have to talk about now that he isn't sitting next to PA and mimicing him like a parrot, well besides Edina tennis?

leave my and doogie's crumbling relationship to me and doogie. ;)

This whole courtship has been so one-sided. I mean, you know what Doogie looks like because he's such a celebrity. However, Doogie is going on a blind date. (I assume the picture of Bronko on the big scoreboard before each football game wasn't actually you so who knows what you look like?) Unless you're handsome enough to be one of Lane Kiffen's hostesses ... er ... hosts? ... I think you should give Doogie a chance. He might have a good personality.

damage control for Brew...he knows he's not gonna get offered so he pulls his hat outta the ring before the job goes elsewhere, which would be embarrassing him....lol...pretty transparent, actually.

damage control for Brew...he knows he's not gonna get offered so he pulls his hat outta the ring before the job goes elsewhere, which would be embarrassing him....lol...pretty transparent, actually.

Though according to ESPN he was a finalist for the job. Just ask Doogie.

Wasn't wren a bit more long winded? And anti brewster. Bronko is focused, but not in the same way. But honestly I tried really hard to not pay attention to Wren once I figured him out so IDK.

Wasn't wren a bit more long winded? And anti brewster. Bronko is focused, but not in the same way. But honestly I tried really hard to not pay attention to Wren once I figured him out so IDK.

I just always assumed that Wren had a LOT of personalities; and I like Bronko!

Top Bottom