Brew gets a title upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
Brewster is still the WR coach, but also got a boost in title, to Assistant Head Coach.

Tremendous.

Just proves it. It you want some, you better bring some.

I'll bet he ran into the AD's office in Starkville - came crawling out - and on his back was his new title.

Did they bring Brew the promotion letter in a heli- . . . ?

Good for him. The guy is passionate and a hard worker.

Awesome!

Tremendous.

Just proves it. It you want some, you better bring some.

Yup! "Tremendous" is how I see that news. He seems to be a good guy and he does work hard.

And he might have a little Woody in him? Nice video clip. Ha

I guess they are happy with his performance at Mississippi State. I'm not quite sure just what an Assistant Head Coach actually does, but they seem satisfied with his performance as WR coach.

Good for him.

He was over-matched for his stint here, but I truly believe he gave it his best effort.

I am happy for Brew.

Obviously he was Starving, not just hungry!

A forgettable era.......a lifetime of quotes!

Too bad Brewster didn't get an opportunity as a head coach at a smaller school. It may have served him well. I didn't like him when he was hired, and I disliked him more as the years went on. Strangely, I think he was starting to figure some things out near the end. Too little, too late.
My favorite Brewster moment was when he looked like he was going to take a swing at the former Badger coach. November 23, 2013 is when I become a Mississippi State fan. They take on Arkansas at Fayetteville. I'm hoping 45-10 MSU, with a late touchdown pass for MSU when they really should have taken a knee.

He probably just kept saying "Rose Bowl" to the AD so they didn't have a choice but to promote him. If he says it enough he must be able to help get them get there.

Also, for clarification's sake, Brewster is now the TE coach, no longer the WR coach.

I guess they are happy with his performance at Mississippi State. I'm not quite sure just what an Assistant Head Coach actually does, but they seem satisfied with his performance as WR coach.

Adding titles is a way to give an assistant a raise without having to battle the University as much. Assistant head coach means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things but I would bet the title came with a bump in pay.

Don't get some of the hatred that is still out there for Brew. He was the wrong hire but that is not his fault, that is the fault of the administration that went cheap and got burned. Brew needed to cut his teeth at a lower level school instead of diving head first into the pressure cooker that is the Big Ten and football at this level.

To be honest, I thought the title said "Brew gets a tittie upgrade". I thought to myself, doesn't this belong on the Off Topic Board? HAHA. :)

Who gives two *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s about Brewster? He's gone, he was terrible, it's over.

Who gives two *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s about Brewster? He's gone, he was terrible, it's over.

Well, you care, for one. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have even opened this thread let alone posted on it.

Well, you care, for one. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have even opened this thread let alone posted on it.

Oh, you're using LOGIC now? That has no damn place on the internet and you know it..

Oh, you're using LOGIC now? That has no damn place on the internet and you know it..

You are wrong. The internet can NOT say something that isn't true. And I am a French model. Bon Jewer Madam Wozzel.

Brewster's antics wore thin because we didn't win. A lot of that was his fault and he deserved to be fired. However, the portrayal that he is a blithering idiot was always off base. The guy gave the U everything he had, it wasn't enough, oh well, I'll keep cheering for him.

A lot of the people who love Kill will be mocking him if we aren't winners 3 years from now. "Tremendous" will be replaced with "golly" and "I can recruit, look at my wife".

Brewster's antics wore thin because we didn't win. A lot of that was his fault and he deserved to be fired. However, the portrayal that he is a blithering idiot was always off base. The guy gave the U everything he had, it wasn't enough, oh well, I'll keep cheering for him.

A lot of the people who love Kill will be mocking him if we aren't winners 3 years from now. "Tremendous" will be replaced with "golly" and "I can recruit, look at my wife".

Very well stated. The unfortunate thing for Brew is that had he started at a lower level and worked his way up I actually think he could have had a pretty nice career as a head coach. Getting your on the job training in the Big Ten is just not a good idea.

Very well stated. The unfortunate thing for Brew is that had he started at a lower level and worked his way up I actually think he could have had a pretty nice career as a head coach. Getting your on the job training in the Big Ten is just not a good idea.

I agree, I think he'll end up doing a really nice job somewhere, maybe even as a head coach. He has something that can't be learned. He gets people to like him, the players and other coaches. That's quite a big part of it. People can call him a snake oil salesman, granted, they'll do it without a single shred of him being fraudulent. He was wrong a lot, but I really believe he meant what he said. He wanted to put us on the map, he scheduled Texas, North Carolina and USC. I disagree with that way of building a team, but you can't say that his confidence was fake.

Someone who is wrong is not a "snake oil salesman", someone who doesn't believe what they're saying is the "snake oil salesman".

Eventually, I think all of his mistakes here are fixable. You can learn to build a staff, you can realize the error of your recruiting (not worrying about attrition and neglecting OL), but you can't teach some of the things he has. I think he'll eventually get another HC job and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him be successful.

If he could get a spot at a Southern non-BCS school with lower academic standards than the U, he could do quite well. That is if he decides on a system and sticks with it.

If he could get a spot at a Southern non-BCS school with lower academic standards than the U, he could do quite well. That is if he decides on a system and sticks with it.

Of all the things Brew learned on the job here I guarantee the #1 thing is that you have to have an identity and stick to it. He didn't have an offensive or defensive identity when he got hired here. If he gets another chance you can bet he won't set himself up to deal with the same revolving door coordinator issues he struggled with here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom