Braun Out Indefinitely with Surgery on Her Foot.

60's Guy

Reaction score
Braun Story
I would like not be pessimistic but there is also reality. I can't imagine the post season has any glimmer of hope
after today's news regarding Braun. This makes it more difficult for the remaining players to get open looks.
Going to be very difficult to score.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 9.45.30 PM.png
We were last four in - in today's update

Sorry, haven't been checking in until tonight and didn't expect to see the Braun story 10 places down the page. Basketball typically has two titles posted on each day.

Last edited:

Per Coach P, Braun had surgery on her 5th metatarsal this morning. She didn't say but average recovery is 6 to 8 weeks from that sort of surgery.

Per Coach P, Braun had surgery on her 5th metatarsal this morning. She didn't say but average recovery is 6 to 8 weeks from that sort of surgery.
At the least that heals well and quickly is almost never a long term injury. Nothing like a Lisfranc injury (like Chet Holmgren had) which can keep a basketball player out for a year and sometimes has some permanent sequelae. I was worried about that so it is nice to hear it was a 5th metatarsal fracture.

I will say first and foremorel I have no inside knowledge or anything just pointing out info...

Looking at this team now at 15 wins, at worst could finish regular season 15-15 and likely will be a WNIT team.

Mara had surgery on foot on January 31st. As of yesterday she was already off crutches. The opening round of WNIT is noted for dates March 20-22nd. Doing the math, that would be 7 weeks post-surgery that WNIT starts...not saying for sure.. but could be a decent chance she could be good to go.

not to mention there could be 1 1/2-2 weeks in between end of big ten tourney and start of WNIT where you could get her or try to get back in game shape.

Top Bottom