Brandon Kirksey and D.L. Wilhite Pay It Forward on Spring Break

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Students at the University of Minnesota arrived back on campus earlier this week after Spring Break. Many of those students came back with suntans and stories of sandy beaches, hot temperatures and hotter parties.

Golden Gopher football players Brandon Kirksey and D.L. Wilhite also took a trip for Spring Break. They also came back with great stories. In fact, both said that this Spring Break was their best ever. So, where did they go? Cozumel? South Padre? Miami? Palm Springs? Nope.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1371

Way to go Guys! Nothing is better for the soul than giving your time to help those less fortunate. What an awesome lesson for those guys to learn. Hats off to thee, fellas!

Go Gophers!

Met D.L.Wilhite at a luncheon last year and was extremely impressed with the young man. It is absolutely refreshing to see young men and women athletes participate in these types of events and walk away with a greater understanding that there is more to life than sports. Kudos to D.L. and Brandon!! Thank you GH for posting the story!

I'd love to see this be on ESPN rather than hear about a student-athlete getting caught up in trouble over Spring Break.

Love Kirksey. Grew up rough, wasn't always an angel, but from my far away vantage point it seems as if he's really embraced being a man, father, leader and role model.

I'd love to see this be on ESPN rather than hear about a student-athlete getting caught up in trouble over Spring Break.

Why post great stories like this when they can talk about Floyd getting drunk and arrested? :rolleyes:

Awesome story and good for those guys! Thanks for posting!

That's a good look right there, I know a lot of kids (probably including myself) who wouldn't embrace something like that at all. It's good to see.

I went on the PIF Tour for two separate spring breaks, and I can definitely tell you that when they said it was their best spring break experience ever they were definitely NOT lying.

That really makes me proud that they spent the time to help out less fortunate communities.

Love Kirksey. Grew up rough, wasn't always an angel, but from my far away vantage point it seems as if he's really embraced being a man, father, leader and role model.

Kirksey is a Q now. Would you expect anything less?

Top Bottom